Sentinel v2.01.03 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardrockF350

Premium Subscriber
last night I was using the sentinel software and it stated needed to download the newest version before the firmware could be checked. well I did, and the problems started. first, my favorites are mixed up, then it corrupted the SD card, and it won't pull the saved profiles from weeks ago. I got the sd card fixed, by putting it in the computer and running the sentinel software to clear user data. but the favorites are mixed up, the channels of one favorite are under another favorite. no matter what saved profile I open they are all the same.
has anyone else seen this? good thing I had butel arc536 trial version and it got me back going.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
I had two of my favorites list become empty somehow after updating to this version. Not sure if it user error (probably) or something to do with the new version on my end.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed that if I have two different programs going at the same time (Sentinal, ProComm) and I make changes in one, all my channel info disappears. So make sure only one program is open if you make changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HardrockF350

Premium Subscriber
sentinel was the only program I had open when it went crazy. I am seeing more stuff gone stupid now. some of my favorites wont scan, like FRS, MURS, CB, GMRS, it states "nothing to scan".
well I did get it to the SDS_100 firmware to update and the full database.

Last edited:

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
sentinel was the only program I had open when it went crazy. I am seeing more stuff gone stupid now. some of my favorites wont scan, like FRS, MURS, CB, GMRS, it states "nothing to scan".
well I did get it to the SDS_100 firmware to update and the full database.

Now just go into your Menu settings and make sure your FLs are turned on to Download and Monitor for the lists you want to listen to. There is a link for the dreaded 'Nothing To Scan' message that goes thru the checklist of what to do when this happens. Hope you get it right!

JD
kf4anc

HardrockF350

Premium Subscriber
they are, but it won't scan those favorites. I have deleted them twice, remade the FL's and load them back on the SDS-100, still nothing to scan. I have made the list with two different programs, sentinel and butel arc356, both do the same thing, nothing to scan. I'm lost...……………

budevans

they are, but it won't scan those favorites. I have deleted them twice, remade the FL's and load them back on the SDS-100, still nothing to scan. I have made the list with two different programs, sentinel and butel arc356, both do the same thing, nothing to scan. I'm lost...……………
Did you check the "System Quick Keys Status"? You have to use Edit Favorites List, it's on the right side of the screen. If the number box for your Favorites List does not have a Check Mark, click on it to add one. You can now do a File-Save. You should be good to go

HardrockF350

Premium Subscriber
found the problem, in my profile, the service types "other" and more were not checked. all of these FL's (CB, MURS, FRS, Amateur Radio, and MURS) were classes as "other" service type, so the SDS-100 would not scan them.
Done fixed...…………
And the sentinel software I downloaded/installed today is working good.
thanks

HardrockF350

Premium Subscriber
thanks, I use to listen many years ago with a radio shack pro-34 scanner. I am wanting to get into DMR, I found a radio
BTECH DMR-6X2 that I can also use for the fire dept and police in my area. so instead of carrying two radios, I can be using only one. I really wanted a Motorola unit dual band, but those are outrageous. even the used units are still expensive. then I looked at the Kenwood radios, but I couldn't find a unit that would work.

dfw1193

I avoid the issue by always having all service types selected that way when i do different fav lists its not an issue, its easy using the assigned fl,qks to turn stuff off if you dont want it once you know its working right,

teknishun

last night I was using the sentinel software and it stated needed to download the newest version before the firmware could be checked. well I did, and the problems started. first, my favorites are mixed up, then it corrupted the SD card, and it won't pull the saved profiles from weeks ago. I got the sd card fixed, by putting it in the computer and running the sentinel software to clear user data. but the favorites are mixed up, the channels of one favorite are under another favorite. no matter what saved profile I open they are all the same.
has anyone else seen this? good thing I had butel arc536 trial version and it got me back going.

Be aware that a favorites list is shared by ALL profiles. You can delete a profile and it will not delete the
favorite lists. However when you make changes to, or delete, a favorites list, that change carries through
to all profiles. In other words - doesn't matter which profile you look at all the favorites list will be
there in each one. What makes the profiles unique to each other is the setting for the Monitor and Download
functions of the Scan Selections tab in the profile editor, and any other tweeks you have made to the profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.