Sentinel Volume Offset Adjustment P25 - SDS-200/SDS-100

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Any tips on Volume Offset Adjustment in Sentinel?

I am assuming (ass of myself?) this is how you adjust the volume of that partifular talkgroup.
When listening to 6 Dispatch talkgroups at night notice some calls are much louder and some a lot quieter and thinking this adjusts the volume for this?

Anyone have any suggestions of how they adjusted to get a similar volume output?
Would love suggestions.

Thanks,
RVACS

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Yup. You’ve got it right. It’s to balance out the volume of any particular loud or too quiet stations. I use the Butel software for programming in conjunction with Sentenel. The Butel software has a bulk editor that all allows for setting a bunch of parameters, one of which is the volume offset adjustment. I’m sure that Sentinel also has the ability to do the same or you can adjust manually.

Kaleier1

It's a volume offset FOR A TALKGROUP relative to the regular volume setting of the SDS100/200. It does not increase or decrease the volume for any specific user or radio ID. Only for the talkgroup.

I have the same issue. One person on a talkgroup will hold the mic away from their mouth and talk quietly while another on the talk group will put the microphone right up to their mouth and yell. You turn up the volume to hear the quite person and are blasted by the loud person. So you turn the volume down for the loud person and can't hear the quite person. Why automatic audio lever limiting is not designed into scanners is beyond me.

Kaleier1

Yup. You’ve got it right. It’s to balance out the volume of any particular loud or too quiet stations.

This is not true. It only changes the volume + or - relative to the regular volume setting of a talkgroup. You can't set a volume offset for individual radio IDs or users. I wish you could or I wish they had automatic audio level limiting bit they don't.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
I am going to actively try and listen though as I could swear a couple talk groups come in loud. Love to listen in bed at night and it makes it tough as you say someone loud then someone quiet.

Or even if there was an ADD-ON external speaker that would line level the output volume - that would help to where you could turn it up but they would level out the loud. I would pay good money for that speaker.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.