Sentinel - Will SD Card from BCD436 work in SDS100 if "Target Model - SDS 100"..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaJungle

Will an SD card from a BCD436HP work in an SDS100 if "Target Model - SDS100" is selected?

I am programming a friend's SDS100 and I am checking the programming/uploading the programming into the SD card via my 436, to make sure it works properly. I selected SDS100 as the target model and it seems to upload fine in the BCD436HP, so I just want to make sure it will work properly in his SDS100 as well.

If not, how can this be done (could I do it by uploading to the SD card directly?)?
Thanks.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Will an SD card from a BCD436HP work in an SDS100 if "Target Model - SDS100" is selected?

I am programming a friend's SDS100 and I am checking the programming/uploading the programming into the SD card via my 436, to make sure it works properly. I selected SDS100 as the target model and it seems to upload fine in the BCD436HP, so I just want to make sure it will work properly in his SDS100 as well.

If not, how can this be done (could I do it by uploading to the SD card directly?)?
Thanks.
There are features that the SDS100 has, that do not exist on 436HP nor 536HP. For example, the SDS series can utilize a site NAC on a trunked system, as well as the filters for improving reception on some systems. But other than that type of issue, the Favorites lists are the same. I use one installation of Sentinel for my SDS100 as well as the 436HP & 536HP scanners.

You should, of course, ensure that you have the correct target model selected if you wanted to apply a firmware update. Other than that type of issue, it shouldn't matter as far as the lists themselves are converned. You might, however, change the target to the 436 in Sentinel, and review the profile. Obviously, you are not going to be able to apply certain display options, like color choices, to the 436 if the target is still the SDS100. But you still have a choice of which display mode to use on the 436, that don't match what an SDS100 profile uses.

ScubaJungle

Awesome - thank you. I uploaded the favorite lists to the SD card in my 436 with the target model set to SDS100 - it didn't seem to have any negative effect, it just showed as it normally does on the 436. Colors and filters Im not worried about, that can be customized as a personal preference, as long as the favorite lists are there and as I programmed them, thats all that matters to me.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Once your friend begins using the scanner, and installs Sentinel on his own pc, then he can adjust the options unique to the SDS100 to whatever modes he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.