Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I wanted to do some LCN searching in Posey Co so I added the Posey Co NXDN system. I had to use Proscan to d/l the system to the scanner. Long story short when I tried to turn on Safe T it said Nothing to scan. Odd since I was in Indiana. When I checked the system on the scanner it had programming from Michigan loaded as SafeT.

Seems either Sentunel or ProScan corrupted my favorites lists on the SD card. I never even messed with the Safe T programming with either software. There were other FLs that had incorrect data also. I did upload the sd card data into Sentinel after adding the Posey System. All I know is something happened someplace.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I wanted to do some LCN searching in Posey Co so I added the Posey Co NXDN system. I had to use Proscan to d/l the system to the scanner. Long story short when I tried to turn on Safe T it said Nothing to scan. Odd since I was in Indiana. When I checked the system on the scanner it had programming from Michigan loaded as SafeT.

Seems either Sentinel or ProScan corrupted my favorites lists on the SD card. I never even messed with the Safe T programming with either software. There were other FLs that had incorrect data also. I did upload the sd card data into Sentinel after adding the Posey System. All I know is something happened someplace.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I had something similar happen when NXDN first came out (and before NXDN support was added to Sentinel).

If you created your new Favorites in ProScan, then wrote it to the scanner, when you read the scanner into Sentinel, Sentinel may have gotten confused, because there was a new Favorites list from the scanner that it had not seen before. What happened with me, and possibly you, is that when Sentinel tried to re-index the Favorites lists, it switched up the file #s. The Favorites list, on the PC itself, are numbered. f_0000x.hpd (the 'xx' are the numbers of the list). If, when reading from the scanner, your NXDN list was f_000025.hpd, but Sentinel already had one for '25', the lists get swapped around in Sentinel. Data that should be in one list, are in fact now in another, and you can end up with several of them, or more, out of synch. I ended up using Windows Explorer to flush out the corrupted files, then re-read the correct ones back in from the scanner.

In my case, part of the problem was that I created a Favorites list in the scanner itself before ProScan, as well as Sentinel, supported NXDN. Once I figured out that I was basically causing the problem myself, I shifted gears and had no more issues.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Make sure, if you’re using more than one program to manage your lists, than you close out the one you’re not using if you make any changes.
I discovered if I had Sentinel and Proscan open at the same time, it would wipe out all the data in my lists! I would have to Read from Scanner to the computer to repopulate and start again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.