SEPTA LUCY Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Don't know about radio's but this might help you find a license, It appears the "University City District" runs the bus.

LUCY Shuttle

For more than a decade, UCD has helped facilitated transit for students and employees working in University City. Together with SEPTA, UCD operates the Loop through University City (LUCY) bus that carries hundreds of thousands of passengers from 30th Street Station to nearby jobs every year.

LUCY Shuttle

539712007_1744e567b2_b.jpg

phillydjdan

That picture shows an antenna that's very similar to the antenna normal SEPTA buses use. Perhaps they are on the SEPTA trunk system somewhere? I know the paratransit buses that don't use the trunk system use standard UHF whips with whatever leased repeater they're on

Septa3371CSX1

That picture shows an antenna that's very similar to the antenna normal SEPTA buses use. Perhaps they are on the SEPTA trunk system somewhere? I know the paratransit buses that don't use the trunk system use standard UHF whips with whatever leased repeater they're on
Operator is SEPTA but through a "paper subsidiary" using the old name of Trenton-Philadelphia Coach. In other words it is part of SEPTA's contract operations division but the operators are really SEPTA employees (just under TPC). I operate the 204 in Chester County which is a SEPTA route operated under contract by Krapf's Transit. We use the same AMDT's and radio system as the rest of SEPTA's surface transit operations. Most of the time contract routes (both KTI and Germantown) are handled by the Allegheny Controller so they'll likely come up over that talkgroup. I know someone who works in Control Center and he had posted on a Facebook group covering transit in Philly that controller assignments depend on how many controllers are working thus they may come up on a different talk group at times.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
If you mean the Cct buses I believe they use 450mhz frequenci licensed to septa

Fred1

The route 204 goes to the Suburban bus control
desk. I am a retired suburban SEPTA supervisor and used to go on calls for that line. They use Oxford valley 1 for the site the buses are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.