September 11th, 2001 "Active Air Scramble"

nyplumma

F-15A_Eagle_of_the_101st_Fighter_Squadron_flying_over_New_York_City_after_September_11,_2001.jpg

"Active Air Scramble for Panta-45, 46" on September 11th, 2001 - As It Happened:

These are the actual voice recordings of our US Government Aviation Agency participants involved in the events of September 11th, 2001 and presented as a transcribed numerical timeline (noted with time stamps and close captioning of the voices you'll hear).

The pauses heard are the transitions in recorded conversations between the actual agencies just as they occurred, although "secure info" (such as DSN numbers) have been blanked out.

These recordings include the hijackers themselves, broadcasting over ARTCC frequencies, (thinking they were talking on the aircraft intercom system to the passengers, from two different civilian airliners). As well as the intercepting fighter aircraft and the interacting agencies listed below. You will hear:

Governmental inter agency communications between:

NORAD NEADS "HUNTRESS" at Rome, NY

FAA at "HERNDON", VA
Air Traffic Control System Command Center
Command Center TMO WEST

FAA Headquarters - Washington, DC

Boston Center KZBW
New York Center KZNY
Cleveland Center KZOB
Indianapolis Center KZID

Cape Sector (Boston Center)

FBI

Cape Ops (102nd FW/101st FS Otis ANGB, MA)

Langley Command Post, VA

"GIANT KILLER" = USN FACSFAC VACAPES, VA

"PANTA-45, 46" (Otis F-15) "scrambled to battle stations" then to "Active Air Scramble"
228.9 primary - 364.2 backup (AICC) (common sec)

"QUICK-25, 26" (Langley jets) "scrambled to battle stations" then to "Active Air Scramble"
234.6 Primary - 364.2 backup (AICC) (common sec) - 238.1 Giant Killer

"GOPHER-06"

"MAINE-85" tanker

"TEAM-21, 22, 23" KC-10s tankers out of McGuire to W-107

Two fighters out of Selfridge ANG Base, MI scrambled

Two Fighters out of Toledo, Ohio scrambled

E-3 is up and joining

Syracuse OPS (CP) w/Huntress launching 4 F-16s
Contact Huntress on 260.9
"COBRA" F-16 NY ANG Flt of 2 airborne CAP Pittsburgh, PA
"APEX" F-16 NY ANG Flt of 2 airborne

PANTA-1 (still up) Otis F-15s CAP over BOSTON given ROE:
"Rules Of Engagement" = Vice President orders:
"Fighters are clear to engage and fire on aircraft"

Link below to YouTube video to hear & read these communications from 9/11/2001, 21 years ago today.

The source of these recordings provided by:

The Rutgers Law Review - A New Type of War:

A New Type of War - Rutgers University Law Review

best, lar ~ saratoga springs, ny

"Never Forget - We Remember - Let's Roll"

letsroll.jpg

reconrider8

I would have loved to had comms up that day with adsb running. That day I and many other brothers lost 343 brothers and sisters on that day which will live in infamy.

bep

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for sharing. I honestly thought I would just listen to bits and pieces of the recording. Well.....listened all the way through. Thanks again

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I think the best news here is that confusion communication won’t happen again. The military and FAA have that sorted out procedures in place, the country has more armed aircraft on the ready now lesson learned that day. Airlines are more secure and TSA is here to stay. But never stop looking out for stuff, new methods may be in play and we all need to be aware.