• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Sepura's New DMR radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASAD

I visit Sepura's website once a while. Last night I saw that they added non-TETRA digital + analog radios. Details are available at the following links. From what I read they are only 12.5 KHz. I was wondering if anyone has these or knows the price? Are these interoperable with P25 or NXDN?

Recently I got the pricing of Tait radios. A mobile unite costs $1,800+. I guess Sepura would be as expensive - more expensive than MotoTRBO.

http://www.sepura.com/products/dmr/mobile-radios/sbm8000/
http://www.sepura.com/products/dmr/hand-portable-radios/sbp8000-series/sbp8000/

I believe they are to some extent, ive had tait gear working on a trbo system and had hyteras working on a tait system.
you do miss out on interoprabillity of a few features and its not 100% but it does work, as for the sepura stuff, we have demo radios to play with at work so i will get back to you on that one.

ASAD

Lucas, were you able to check if Sepura terminal works with TRBO? What models do you have?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
As long as they adhere to the DMR tier 2 spec they will be compatible. But the thing to remeber is that Trbo is not fully DMR tier 2 compliant and not compliant at all to DMR tier 3.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
What part/functionality of Tier 2 is MOTOTRBO not compliant with?

John Rayfield, Jr.

Apologies, I think I worded it wrong. Things like roaming, and IP site connect. Maybe more like 'extras' over and above the spec would have been a better way to word it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASAD

Well, TRBO trunking is not DMR compliant. I hear that it's proprietary.

Is there a possibility that FCC will issue another narrow banding mandate, say 6.25 kHz? If that happens, how would DMR systems manage a frequency on a bandwith less than 12.5 kHz?

I have been having a speculation. Let me question this today. For example, in case of 6.25 kHz channel spacing, if a DMR user is assigned 450.00000 MHz and a NXDN user is assigned 450.00625 MHz. I'm assuming that DMR will overlap with NXDN. Or am I mistaken here?

Thanks in advance.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Well, TRBO trunking is not DMR compliant. I hear that it's proprietary.

Is there a possibility that FCC will issue another narrow banding mandate, say 6.25 kHz? If that happens, how would DMR systems manage a frequency on a bandwith less than 12.5 kHz?

I have been having a speculation. Let me question this today. For example, in case of 6.25 kHz channel spacing, if a DMR user is assigned 450.00000 MHz and a NXDN user is assigned 450.00625 MHz. I'm assuming that DMR will overlap with NXDN. Or am I mistaken here?

Thanks in advance.

You 'hear' correctly. Cap Plus and Connect Plus are not tier 3 compliant.

I doubt that 2 adjacent channels would be assigned like that in the same area. Besides the DMR repeater would be assigned a 12.5 KHz channel, so in reality, in your example it is the NXDN user that would be overlapping the DMR user... By 0.003125MHz... So assuming DMR was there first the closest the NXDN user could be assigned is 450.0125

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASAD

It's been a year since the original post. I wanted to see if anyone is using Sepura DMR terminals?
I'd like to get DMR radios for ham use but can't make up my mind. Should I shoot for MotoTRBO or Sepura? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.