Serial Driver Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost_in_maine

I am having a problem with the Serial Driver on my 536...While scanning it sometimes just goes to sleep, and I notice radio is quiet...Display shows out of nowhere that it is USB storage Mode....
Com Port (7) always shows in Device as enabled when loaded
I am using the front port for virtual control to ProScan...

I am running Windows 7X64 on my Desktop, I have 10 USB ports, so doubt it is a USB power issue
Machine is a beast so know it isn't my PC

When it disconnects, My only thing I find is this in the Windows Event logs:
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_UNIDEN&PROD_BCD536HP&REV_1.00#0000000000001&0#.

It will be already running, and just goes off to la la land

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I am having a problem with the Serial Driver on my 536...While scanning it sometimes just goes to sleep, and I notice radio is quiet...Display shows out of nowhere that it is USB storage Mode....
Com Port (7) always shows in Device as enabled when loaded
I am using the front port for virtual control to ProScan...

I am running Windows 7X64 on my Desktop, I have 10 USB ports, so doubt it is a USB power issue
Machine is a beast so know it isn't my PC

When it disconnects, My only thing I find is this in the Windows Event logs:
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_UNIDEN&PROD_BCD536HP&REV_1.00#0000000000001&0#.

It will be already running, and just goes off to la la land

The only way I found around the front port problem is to use the rear port with PROSCAN.

joeuser

The Wretched
Have you gone deeper into the USB, through Device Manager, properties... Look for a Power Management tab... See if Allow computer to turn off device to save power is toggled

lost_in_maine

Have you gone deeper into the USB, through Device Manager, properties... Look for a Power Management tab... See if Allow computer to turn off device to save power is toggled

Yes, I have USB Selective Suspend disabled globally in Windows for all usb devices through advanced power setup..Be nice to even get a USB 3.0 driver!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

lost_in_maine

lost_in_maine

lost_in_maine

Drivers are needed for that also.

Yes, but anything I've bought with FTDI chip, drivers are not buggy as some other vendors...if I went the root with a PCI-e serial card, just more things can go wrong

I just downloaded the latest driver, and just as I thought, there are x64 drivers..which I try to always use, and I steer clear of anything that's only 32 bit..

Status
Not open for further replies.