BCD396XT/BCD996XT: serial or usb cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

8mm

Premium Subscriber
to update my 996xt to latest firmware which cable do I need ? the one that goes from the front of scanner to usb or too serial cable ?
Thanks

8mm

Premium Subscriber
I am talking about one cable with two ends, one end goes to the front of the uniden scanner, the other end on one type goes to a USB port on a computer, the other type cable goes to front of uniden scanner and the other end goes to a serial port. so for uniden firmware update which cable is used ?

phask

Premium Subscriber

8mm

Premium Subscriber
thank you, that is the cable I been using to program with proscan, but the uniden bc_up program wil not work on my windows 7 laptop, when I click on the program icon it says configuration system failed to initalize..I tried deleting the software and redownloading, nothing seems to work, the same computer is used to program the uniden and works fine...

Update, i just found a computer that it worked on, is the 1.07.03 the latest update ?
Also scanner isnt picking up correctly, I noticed my area rebanded, I only rarely get a voice on the scanner, I imported from freescan and proscan , without making any adjustments , just loaded to scanner but not picking anything up...my area is Muskogee county Georgia if anyone has the time to look at it in radio ref, maybe I need to make an adjustment before loading to scanner...Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.