Serial Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
I am having problems putting the 536hp in serial port mode. I have downloaded the uniden drivers but when I select ". " for serial mode it jumps back to scanning. I have no problem when I select "mass Storage" Any suggestions I might try??

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am having problems putting the 536hp in serial port mode. I have downloaded the uniden drivers but when I select ". " for serial mode it jumps back to scanning. I have no problem when I select "mass Storage" Any suggestions I might try??

Normal scanning is supposed to resume after selecting the serial mode.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Mass Storage for Programming.
Serial to Listen while relaying on your Computer for Power.

The 536HP the OP is asking about does not receive or rely on any power from the computer.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber

I might be misunderstanding your question . . . but scanning in Serial Mode is normal. So you may not be having a problem.

There really isn't a way of looking at the scanner to confirm that it is in Serial Mode after you've pressed the ".". Rather, you need to look at your computer's Device Manager. If you see "Uniden Serial Port" on Com someting or another, the scanner is in Serial Mode.

Hit_Factor

Serial mode sends data to the computer for virtual displays (among other things). If you are not using arc536 beta or the freeware scanner screen, serial mode has little value.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I probably should have given a little more info on my problem as well as corrected incorrect spellings, I appologize! Anyway, I have the arc536 beta software. I did check the hardware port settings, it is indicating a triangle with an exclamation mark for com 4 so I believe that is where my problem is. Any other ideas to correct this?

Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Ok, I probably should have given a little more info on my problem as well as corrected incorrect spellings, I appologize! Anyway, I have the arc536 beta software. I did check the hardware port settings, it is indicating a triangle with an exclamation mark for com 4 so I believe that is where my problem is. Any other ideas to correct this?

Thanks

That would most likely mean that the drivers are not installed properly.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
The exclamation mark indicates there is a problem with the USB driver. Try re-installing the driver and reboot the PC after re-installing the driver and then reconnect the scanner.
It is normal that the scanner continues scanning in serial mode. Unfortunately there is no visual indication that the scanner is in serial mode.

Gommert

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I am attempting to reload the drivers but I am having a time getting it done. I am at the uniden site and selected the windows serial drivers zip but once it is extracted how do I send it to the appropriate place? Usually I don't have these kind of issues, first time for everything!! Anyone tell me how it's done so that I can use arc536 pro??

Thanks

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Ok hit factor, I got an error message after I tried to install "the inf file you selected does not support this method of installation"
"operation not allowed in wow64"

Whats my next step? I am utilizing windows 8.1

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
I assume for now you know how to go into Device manager.
Right click on the Driver/ com Port and select update Driver and Pick search my Computer.
Then tell it where the Folder is and it should update for you.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks sfdf...all is working. I am not sure I like windows 8, everything seems to be in different places then windows 7...

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Ok thanks sfdf...all is working. I am not sure I like windows 8, everything seems to be in different places then windows 7...

Thanks
You're Welcome.
I tried win8 for about 15 Minutes and then went back to Win7............

Status
Not open for further replies.