Serial to USB adapter with a PCR1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy

I am trying to get my pcr1k to work on my Vista 64 machine
My USB adapter is a sabrent sbt-usc6m that is working according to the device manager.
My port settings are default for the com port, com9.

Icom's software revision 2.2 reports "communications failed" But actually works other than the signal meter doing nothing.

HRD seems to have full function but crashes the computer after 10 minutes or so, Blue screen, Multiple IRP complete requests.

PCRPro v1.14.280 sees the comport but when I hit the power on the PCRPro I see "radio not responding check com port", when I check the comport com 9 is no longer green
I was getting "error 8020 error reading comm device" but last time i tried it I didn't see that msg for some reason.

I checked for a later driver on Sabrents site but the one I have is the latest I can find. 3.3.2.102.

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks

Last edited:

Pape

Premium Subscriber
get a cheap pci-e 1X to db9 card and be done with usb and drivers.
On the other hand I have 2500 USB version and got all sort of usb to serial issue under vista 64, under 7 it supported out of the box and being working just like in XP 100% of the time.

CrazyCalifornian

Premium Subscriber
In Pcr Pro's COM Settings, click the "Ignore CTS" checkbox so it shows as checked.
Some USB converters don't set the CTS Line...

Jay

Daffy

I couldn't get this adapter to work on my vista/64 laptop or my windows 7 /64 desktop.
I hate to admit defeat but I ordered serial cards for both tonight.

Thanks for the help.

Pape

Premium Subscriber
defeat is when you are unable to achieve your goal, in this case the goal is to get the pcr to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.