serious interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefox2163

im getting some serious interference from something on 460.150 and 460.550 it is a loud squealing and beeping its overriding my reception of enfield pd does anyone else hear this take the pl off to see and the day is sunday jan 24 2010 at 5;15 pm if anyone else is getting it to please notify me thanks!

jim202

Is this noise your trying to describe to us possibly a paging transmission? You might be
having some simple overload from a paging transmitter some place near you.

If your using a scanner, the front ends in them are well known for being blown off the map
with strong signals that can be considerable distance in frequency away from what your
trying to listen to.

A paging signal is very prevalent in the sequency of tones that you hear. There are a
number of of different formats. If you listen to the audio for a while, it sort of has a
rolling repetition to it. The transmitter will stay on the air most of the time. But there
will be brief breaks and the transmitter will drop and then come right back on. The
drops will be controlled by how much paging traffic is being sent. Some of the
larger companies don't have much free air gaps.

Solutions to this problem will depend on a number of factors. As a start, most of
the radio geeks will try placing some sort of trap in your antenna line to try and
suck out the signal at a specific frequency. You will need to find the exact
frequency that the signal is coming from. How much the trap will help will depend
on how strong the signal is and how far away in frequency it is from the frequencies
your trying to listen to. The greater the spread, the better off you will be.

Jim

im getting some serious interference from something on 460.150 and 460.550 it is a loud squealing and beeping its overriding my reception of enfield pd does anyone else hear this take the pl off to see and the day is sunday jan 24 2010 at 5;15 pm if anyone else is getting it to please notify me thanks!

bluefox2163

yes could be a pager i live here in new britain and it looks like whatever it was has gone away for now,i hope it doesnt come back,your right about the spaces in between the noise,it stops for a few seconds then starts again,do you think someone in my area was using a pager and then left the area?because i never heard that sound before yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.