Serious MVA in the Shakespear (Stratford) area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Hearing sketchy details of a major MVA on Perth Rd 107 by the little town of Shakespear (up by Stratford, NE of London). Unconfirmed reports of possibly a bus involved with as many as a dozen 10-45's. London news mentioned it at 6pm but had little to say other than they had crews enroute.

I would expect OPP to be on the Perth OPS12 talkgroup. Not sure about fire around there but I'm sure many local departments would be involved.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hearing sketchy details of a major MVA on Perth Rd 107 by the little town of Shakespear (up by Stratford, NE of London). Unconfirmed reports of possibly a bus involved with as many as a dozen 10-45's. London news mentioned it at 6pm but had little to say other than they had crews enroute.

I would expect OPP to be on the Perth OPS12 talkgroup. Not sure about fire around there but I'm sure many local departments would be involved.

On City News a few min ago they mentioned that a rig hit a passenger vehicle, 10 dead, Air ambulance deployed and the permiers office was notified.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've heard a loaded panel van vs an extended regular van. Impact was so severe they left the road and possibly hit a house.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
The one time there is a need for a feed...

I dont want to hear carnage but I am out of range anyway unless Cambridge CACC gets involved

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'm sitting on the Perth talkgroup and there is very little chatter. Likely lots of cell phones being used and face to face convo's.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I looked at the intersection in Google Street View and if it hit the house with the squared-off hedges, someone blew a stop sign very badly. :(

The house on the opposite side of the intersection is far enough away that I wouldn't think they would have gotten that far.

The crews that were on scene are going to need some support in the coming days and weeks, and I feel for them.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Van came to a stop up against the side of a blue house.

Initial reports are that the van ran the stop sign and the truck hit it at highway speed.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.