SERIOUSLY?!?!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapStar362

School Security Officer Calls Bomb Squad Over Three Expended Bullets

i would SERIOUSLY like to know how this guy was EVER a Marine and also a LEO and cannot correctly Identify a expended 20mm Vulcan ADS munition, that is in FULL NATO BLUE TRAINING COLORS.

this particular round is used for training and familiarization to the M-61 Vulcan Air Defense System for the operators, munition techs and loaders. can also be purchased for small $$ by surplus dealers. contains no explosives or even gun powder, doesnt even have a casing attached to it.

then proceeded to waste an ENORMOUS amount of tax payer dollars by calling 911 and having who knows how many different EMS/FD/PD/SO and Special Units dispatched for said item.

few other things, see the poster behind his head, i have a friend who owns the exact same poster............ guess what is on it and who distributed it...........

H&K = Heckler & Koch

The German Gun maker!!!

WHY IN GODS NAME is a poster about guns, INSIDE a school, let alone in the Security Officers office? is that not utter hypocrisy?

oh, i can have posters about guns, but you cannot bring a piece of expended metal

DISCUSS!!

and yes i know the student with the way the GOV defines "Zero Tolerance" was not supposed to bring the item, but a simple " Take it Home, dont bring it back." would have sufficed...

kayn1n32008

ÆS, I put that shøt on everything.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

What is there to discuss?

You simply can not fix stupid...Only beat it with a 2X4.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
True, but there is no shortage of losers out there that claim to have been in the military or police departments who never were.
I have a son in elementary school, and personally I wouldn't trust a security guard with something like this. As a taxpayer and a father, I'd much rather have someone who is truly knowledgeable investigate. I'd be willing to bet he didn't make that decision all on his own, either.

As I'm sure you learned in the service, "when in doubt, ask your superiors". A security guard doesn't rate very high, at least not in my book. While this guy obviously isn't the brightest bulb, I think he did the right thing. Obviously he doesn't know what he's talking about (and neither did the reporter), so expecting him to make the right decision about whether it's a live round our not is obviously outside his area of expertise.

chrismol1

Premium Subscriber
wow
Depends where you live I suppose, I was in school just post- columbine, 9/11 hysteria when a spent piece of brass was found in the hallway by a student who reported to a teacher. Although on high alert, Nothing happened we went about a normal school day when it was found that student who had been hunting stored some spent shells in his backpack he used and one fell out

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
wow
Depends where you live I suppose, I was in school just post- columbine, 9/11 hysteria when a spent piece of brass was found in the hallway by a student who reported to a teacher. Although on high alert, Nothing happened we went about a normal school day when it was found that student who had been hunting stored some spent shells in his backpack he used and one fell out
That's very true. I used to live/work in Alaska. It was not uncommon at all to see a couple of kids on Saturday morning heading out of town with a .22 over their shoulder, or guys coming back into town from hunting with a revolver on their hip. No one cared up there.

kayn1n32008

ÆS, I put that shøt on everything.
That's very true. I used to live/work in Alaska. It was not uncommon at all to see a couple of kids on Saturday morning heading out of town with a .22 over their shoulder, or guys coming back into town from hunting with a revolver on their hip. No one cared up there.

Heck I did a project in high school about the Lee-Enfield .303Brit, had a family friend bring his rifle, and ammo in for the presentation... Nobody blinked an eye. Had the bolt, rifle, and ammo all in the same place.

Too many sissy guns are bad whiners out there these days... The gun is not dangerous, it's the dumb-*** that points and pulls the trigger that is dangerous, but that is a different discussion...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
old bullet

Unreal,people are so jumpy nowadays.They should send the bill to this guy for wasting the manpower and resources to get them there!

Status
Not open for further replies.