SERS Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
OK here we go after running unitrunker all night on the new East control channel I get this, at this point I will start running a 2ND computer and scanner on this. but here is what I have so far, dint hammer me for this.

This is what the program is reporting.

853.36250 voice
853.58750 Control
863.66250 voice
867.91250 voice
868.38750 voice

Peer sites are 1,4,5 and 6
And yes the program was running in the rebanded mode.

Last edited:

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Back to the new, the best bet here is to have your scanner set to run both. good thing I have about 10 here.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I am having fun here, things in this area have been the same for years, toys all over the desk top, I for one, vote for a change every two weeks.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of rebanding, those with the Uniden XTs, here's a quick reminder:

Band Plan 1
Lower Base = 851.025
Upper Base = 854.000
Offset = 440+
Spacing = 25 KHz

Band Plan 2
Loswer Base = 851.0125
Upper Base = 868.9875
Offset = 0
Spacing = 25 KHz

You gotta do this to EVERY site you have programmed.

FFSOD7189

Retired Fire Lieutenant
Premium Subscriber
Band Plans

Scannerizer makes an interesting comment above. I understand that rebanding maybe more or less complicated depending on the System. I own a Uniden BCT15X with updated firmware and all I did was enter the new frequencies and can hear everything. Will I need to do more in the futue like setting up a custom band plan or setting up Band Plan 1 and Band Plan 2 ?

DickH

REBANDING

Motorola trunked systems do not use frequencies in the data stream sent by the control channel. They use channel numbers. The channel numbers for the 851-854 range are 1 to 120 with .025MHz spacing (851.0125, 851.0375, etc.)

Re-banding requires changing the freqs. in the 866 to 868 range to the 851 to 854 range by subtracting 15MHz. Freqs. with a 5 in the 4th decimal place fall into the existing 1-120 channel numbers. BUT freqs. with a zero in that 4th place do not have a corresponding channel number in the 1-120 range. So Motorola "borrowed" channel numbers 440 to 559 to use for those freqs. To be able to hear those new freqs., the scanner firmware needs to have Custom Band Plans (or tables) put in that adds channels 440 to 559 for freqs. 851.0250 to 854.0000 with .025MHz spacing.

These are the resulting channel numbers and freqs.:
Ch.# FREQ.
1----851.0125
440-851.0250
2----851.0375
441-851.0500
3----851.0625
442-851.0750
- - - etc. - - -

Rule of thumb.
If all the rebanded freqs. have a 5 in the 4th decimal place (like 851.0125) you do not need custom tables.
If any rebanded freqs. have a zero in the 4th decimal place (like 851.0250) the scanner needs custom tables to be able to track it.

FFSOD7189

Retired Fire Lieutenant
Premium Subscriber
Band Plans

Update, today when I got home I noticed that my scanner was once again silent, I had the new Freq. entered and was getting all TG. So I opened up FreeScan and connected it to the scanner and it recognized my site as a Custom Plan and that is where I entered Band Plan 1 andBand Plan 2 info. Bingo the scanner is now talking again.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Ok I made the changes to.
Snohomish County Emergency Radio (SERS) Trunking System, Everett, Washington - Scanner Frequencies

I added the control channels and the alternate control channels. removed site 2 and I will remove sites 104 and 104 as they are not right, SERS calls there sites gold hill, deer creek and king lake I need to fix the site names for 4,5 and 6. here is a link to the SERS page.
Snohomish County Emergency Radio System

Here is a tower map.
WPYR879 (SNOHOMISH COUNTY EMERGENCY RADIO SYSTEM (SERS)) FCC Callsign Details
I could use some help here in getting some of the sites named right.

Thanks, Ken

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Scannerizer makes an interesting comment above. I understand that rebanding maybe more or less complicated depending on the System. I own a Uniden BCT15X with updated firmware and all I did was enter the new frequencies and can hear everything. Will I need to do more in the futue like setting up a custom band plan or setting up Band Plan 1 and Band Plan 2 ?

Scanners are different and as I don't have that particular model, I can't say. I wouldn't be surprised though.

I actually learned a lot of scanning lessons the hard way. I discovered this when I went down the I5 corridor to Salem and realized I couldn't get the fire department, Keizer PD, or any Portland area stuff I used to be able to get on my PRO 164.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE was up north last night with the new CCs programmed into my radio and it looks as if the SERS system has completely rebanded. Had no problems.

SCPD

QRT

I don't know what he's talking about. My 396xt and 996xt work just fine.

SCPD

QRT
Ok I made the changes to.
Snohomish County Emergency Radio (SERS) Trunking System, Everett, Washington - Scanner Frequencies

I added the control channels and the alternate control channels. removed site 2 and I will remove sites 104 and 104 as they are not right, SERS calls there sites gold hill, deer creek and king lake I need to fix the site names for 4,5 and 6. here is a link to the SERS page.
Snohomish County Emergency Radio System

Thanks Ken for the work on this. I was up there on Saturday and did some snooping on the East/West systems and got pretty much everything you did. I also found Site 2 but I think it's just a test-only site. My data matches yours...

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
I think as far as the XT scanners it depends on the systems. Not every system I've monitored required it like the Clark County system, but many do. I always enter those 2 band plans just in case so I don't wonder why I can't receive them.

SCPD

QRT
I think as far as the XT scanners it depends on the systems. Not every system I've monitored required it like the Clark County system, but many do. I always enter those 2 band plans just in case so I don't wonder why I can't receive them.

I believe as long you have the latest firmware on the XT scanners, you should be fine. You're just inputting the control channel(s) and that's it. The CC can do all of the work provided the firmware has been updated.

FFSOD7189

Retired Fire Lieutenant
Premium Subscriber
It might be confusing to a XT owner because installing the latest Firmware for the XT is what puts that Band Plan option in the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.