Server Outage 4/29/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenc85

I think it happens almost immediately. My feed went offline around midnight central time, and when I realized it around 1:00am I was already off premium.

I wish they would put a 24 hour buffer on that. I've been a provider for over 10 years...
I totally agree with you on the 24 hour buffer. Same here over 10 years. They are the ones making money on the service we provide not us.

j2brown

Feed Provider
I think but not sure if your feed is down longer than 6 hours they automatically remove you from premium. Should go back to premium when your feed comes back up.

Seems to be true. Feeds and access restored. I guess I learned my new thing for the day. Thanks!

vk3hau

Feed Provider
One of our network providers had some pretty major problems last night. This resulted in many of our servers with limited to no connectivity over the night.

We're transitioning things this morning and brings things back online. Thanks for your patience and sorry for the problems.

Thank you for all the Hard work Lindsay ! de VK3HAU
2 of my 3 feeds are down, both on audio1 server, the other is on audio9 and is working.

EDIT:> All my feeds are back online.

Last edited:

fredva

Feed Provider
Either this thread no longer exists, or is attached to a users feed provider status.

Because there were several threads about the server problem, an admin apparently merged them all together.

If you have to be a feed provider to access that, it will be unavailable. With my feeds currently down, I am not considered a provider at the moment.

I'm not sure if you have to be a feed provider to access that forum or not. I was able to access it while the problem was going on. My feed didn't go offline, even though the status said it was offline. According to what others have said, if a feed provider stopped the feed and tried to restart it during the server issue, the feed wouldn't reconnect.

k2hz

Database Admin
I had to reboot both feeds to reconnect after the outage. Probably because I had rebooted both the Pi and the router during the outage before I became aware it was a server problem.

Ubik

Feed Provider
Everything does appear to be back up as of this morning, two of my three feeds came back on their own.

I had to manually restart the darkice process that encodes weather radio feed, though. Once I did that, it was good.

If anyone's feeds aren't working, try restarting your encoder software. Should fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.