Service type question for SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
Do the proper service types have to be enabled when scanning from favorites lists also, or is that only needed when auto scanning from the Database? Thanks! :)

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
Ok I guess I'll need to reprogram and enable them in Sentinel cause I went to do it on the scanner and it doesn't say off on everything like it did on the youtube I watched just has lines there and just beeps when I push the enter button. Thanks! (y)

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Ok I guess I'll need to reprogram and enable them in Sentinel cause I went to do it on the scanner and it doesn't say off on everything like it did on the youtube I watched just has lines there and just beeps when I push the enter button. Thanks! (y)

If there are lines there, it means that the service type you are looking for is not in any of the currently scanned lists (master DB or Favorites), and can't be enabled.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Then you have most of favorite lists turned off in the scanner menu, or disabled with quick keys.

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
The way I understood the youtube I watched the service types all either showed being either on or off. The only way I got my scanner to show either on or off was when I set it to scan the complete database then, I could pick either on or off which I don't want to scan the whole database. when I set it to scan only the favorites 001 list EMS Dispatch and all the other services which are, in the list went back to the lines again? But I do still receive EMS Dispatch etc. even though they don't show as enabled in the service settings on the scanner. I guess if they still function it doesn't matter if the shows them being enabled I don't know I'm confused? :unsure:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
So right now, toggling Custom 1 will toggle all the stuff in your Favorite List, regardless of the actual type of traffic on each channel. The scanner only knows what you tell it. If you make your own favorite list, it's your responsibility to tag each channel with the correct Service Type.

Status
Not open for further replies.