SDS100/SDS200: Set a Priority Channel from the radio (not Sentinel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

u2brent

OAMPT
I know I can set channels as Priority from Sentinel and that works fine.
Today I wanted to set a few channels as Priority from the radio itself and could not figure it out.
Is this possible?

1. Menu
2. Manage Favorites (Select the List)
3. Review/Edit System (Select the System)
4. Edit Department (Select the Department)
5. Edit Channel (Select the Channel/Group)
6. Set Priority (Select On or Off)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Also while the scanner has stopped on a channel you want to set as a priority channel, you can press the eYes button and then use the Edit Current Channel to change the settings for the current channel, which includes priority.

Function+System to resume scanning afterwards.

Computrguy

1. Menu

The frequency I want to set as a priority channel is not in a FL. It is in the full database scan. I generally do not use FL as I travel in the country in my RV and use a gps or zip codes. So this doesn't work for me.
I am actually in Gilroy CA and if you might have heard there is an active shooter. Trying to keep track of it all without setting priority is a bit difficult.

Last edited:

Computrguy

Also while the scanner has stopped on a channel you want to set as a priority channel, you can press the eYes button and then use the Edit Current Channel to change the settings for the current channel, which includes priority.

Function+System to resume scanning afterwards.

If I press eYes it asks if I want to set a favorite. Not sure this is what I want to do. Or is that the only way to do it - from a FL?

u2brent

OAMPT
The frequency I want to set as a priority channel is not in a FL. It is in the full database scan. I generally do not use FL as I travel in the country in my RV and use a gps or zip codes. So this doesn't work for me.
I am actually in Gilroy CA and if you might have heard there is an active shooter. Trying to keep track of it all without setting priority is a bit difficult.
If I press eYes it asks if I want to set a favorite. Not sure this is what I want to do. Or is that the only way to do it - from a FL?
Yes, you have to either add it to an existing FL that is being scanned, or create a new one on the fly..
You can't make this type of change using the Full DB, Avoid or Hold is about it..
There's an option to create a new FL which would include anything from the Full DB within the range parameters you've currently got set. From that FL you could make those changes.. Then you can turn off the full db and just scan that FL..

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
1. Menu

Just to add....if this is a trunking system, you have to enable Priority Scan in the System Option section. Review/Edit System...Priority ID Scan: ON

Computrguy

That's what I was afraid of (can't do it on the full database on the fly). Thanks for the responses. Wonder why you cannot set the priority field for a channel? Looking back now I guess it would not have been that hard to create a FL of all the channels that were active at the scene.

Sure was amazing listening to this as it happened. Sad too.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That's because the full database is subject to change. Every time you update it, you would have to reconfigure the desired channel. So that's why any channel "customizing" has to be done in a Favorites List, I would imagine.

Favorites Lists are not hard to create. Several good YouTube videos on how to.

Status
Not open for further replies.