SDS100/SDS200: Set charge while on

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeBeCinYa

No issue with the one I posted, like I said it was recommended by another user for same purpose. I use the Uniden charger and the 6ft cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

racing1

Even if you have an adequate USB charger, you must also have a high quality USB cable that can handle it properly. A low quality cable or an extra long cable will cause problems with charging. I never have a problem using the OEM charger and cable. You will not have a problem using this OEM cable. Uniden USB Programming Cable (BC75XLT/125AT/325P2/BCD436/536HP/996P2/HP-1/HP-2S/SDS100)
Is this cable compatible with the sds100?
bfd43c75e6ff2abf4ff973ac16b0ffba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

WeBeCinYa

Has you or anyone had good experience with this cord?

I have this cord also, works perfectly. Had this before I purchased the latest one for additional length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
Has you or anyone had good experience with this cord?

I have 3 of them and never had any problem whatsoever. I used to buy them at Walmart but they no longer sell them in the store. All they sell is the micro plug. The ones I bought from Amazon I use one for my scanner two for my wireless phone chargers.

mandlair

Hi all, Do I have to set the battery to charge on USB for my laptop? No lights while dead and scanner on in the USB on the laptop? The manual says it will unless my amperage is to low? I only had it for about 2 days, So finding everything out about it!

W6KRU

Hi all, Do I have to set the battery to charge on USB for my laptop? No lights while dead and scanner on in the USB on the laptop? The manual says it will unless my amperage is to low? I only had it for about 2 days, So finding everything out about it!

Try another USB powered device and verify the computer's sUSB port is actually putting out power.

Ubbe

If the USB port are specified as handling charging of USB devices then it is ok, but laptops seldom have those kind of ports. Scanner draws 700mA and charging an additional 700mA.

In the USB 1.0 and 2.0 specs, a standard downstream port is capable of delivering up to 500mA (0.5A); with USB 3.0, it moves up to 900mA (0.9A). The charging downstream and dedicated charging ports provide up to 1,500mA (1.5A).

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.