Set up question

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomast77

Nice and very well explained tutorials. I needed this info as I just picked up a Canon EOS digital rebel T3. This helps me to better understand all the settings.

So I'll ask a question too since you seem to know alot about this. Let's say I am going to the racetrack and I want to photograph some cars as they are speeding by. What would be the best settings for that? High ISO? Maybe 800 or more? What about Fratio

BJ_NORTON

Nice and very well explained tutorials. I needed this info as I just picked up a Canon EOS digital rebel T3. This helps me to better understand all the settings.

So I'll ask a question too since you seem to know alot about this. Let's say I am going to the racetrack and I want to photograph some cars as they are speeding by. What would be the best settings for that? High ISO? Maybe 800 or more? What about Fratio
If you're outdoors during daylight hours ISO won't be a problem. ISO 100 will still probably give you a shutter speed up around 1/4000 sec. I might go with a medium to high aperture to help with the focus, say f8 - f16.

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber

ISO will depend on time of day and weather, but I usually use between 200 and 400 and up to 800 as night comes on. I generally will use Shutter priority and let the appeture follow according to the camera's metering.

Status
Not open for further replies.