settiing up tri-color alert LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lew

I,ve searched the manual and the RR WIKI trying to find out how to program the tri-color alert LED on the PSR 800 but couldn't find the info.

Where can I find a "how to" on setting up the alert LED?

Thanks for any help.

Lew in SC

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Are you trying to find the tri-color options,or are you looking for help to setup them up?

Last edited:

rwier

I,ve searched the manual and the RR WIKI trying to find out how to program the tri-color alert LED on the PSR 800 but couldn't find the info.

Where can I find a "how to" on setting up the alert LED?

Thanks for any help.

Lew in SC

Hi Lew,

I will assume EZScan software, since, I believe, it comes with the radio.

At this point, if I have a working configuration in the radio, I will copy it to the EZScan program.

If it is conventional frequencies that you want to "mess" with the colors, select the Conventional Frequencies tab at the bottom of the screen.

If it is Talk Groups in a Trunked System that you want to "mess" with the colors, select the Trunked Radio Systems tab, at the bottom of the screen.

For the Trunked System screen only:

Select the Trunked System (top left) that you want to "mess" with. Next drop down a short way and select the "Talk Group Details" tab (the middle of three tabs).

The next step is the same for either Conventional or Trunked.

Find the Bklt/LED column. Click in the cell under Bklt/LED column header that is in line left-to-right with the Channel or Talk Group that you want to "mess" with. A new screen will pop up. It is named "Back Light Settings".

Settings above the first solid line in this pop up box refers to "messing" with the Backlight settings. Below that line is where the LED "messing" takes place. If you get this far, or have already gotten this far, and are still stymied, report back the same and we will go into the details.

Last edited:

Lew

Rt169Radio,

" Are you trying to find the tri-color options,or are you looking for help to setup them up?"

I am wanting to learn how to do both.

WEIR explained how to program the LED's colors once you figure them out to various Scan lists, etc.,now I need to know how to figure out how to determine the colors and the blink times, etc.

I appreciate both of your responses.

Lew in SC

rwier

Rt169Radio,
..................................................................now I need to know how to figure out how to determine the colors and the blink times, etc........................Lew in SC

Read "Helpful Hint" at bottom of this post first!

My previous:

(Find the Bklt/LED column. Click in the cell under Bklt/LED column header that is in line left-to-right with the Channel or Talk Group that you want to "mess" with. A new screen will pop up. It is named "Back Light Settings". Settings above the first solid line in this pop up box refers to "messing" with the Backlight settings. Below that line is where the LED "messing" takes place.)

Follow previous steps and we will be working BELOW THE FIRST SOLID LINE in the "Back Light Settings" pop up box.

The first option is "LED Mode". It has it's own little option box. The default is Off. At the right of this "option box" is a tiny black triangle. Clicking on the little triangle will cause a "drop down" menu to display. The menu options are:

Off
On Solid
Flash

Let's start simple. Click on "On Solid". Now the LED will hold solid on the color of your choice while the Channel (Conventional) or the Talk Group (Trunked) you are "messing " with is receiving a signal. The default color is no color or black (same as Off). So let us select a color!

Click on the "Add Color" button. A new pop up box (named "Color) displays.Select the "Basic color" of your choice by clicking somewhere in the grid of "Basic colors". Finally click the OK button (lower left of the Color pop up box). Yahoo, now we have made a noticeable change. For it to "take effect" you must click on the Set button at the lower right of the Back Light Settings box. Upload to the radio and the single Channel (Conventional) of your choice, or the single Talk Group (Trunked System) of your choice, will display a solid LED of your chosen color while receiving a signal.

That completes this lesson. Report back when you are successful in getting your radio to display the solid color of your choice on the Channel or Talk Group of your choice (means the first lesson is learned) and we will go into the "Flash Lesson", lol.

Rob

Helpful Hint: When testing LED settings, select a conventional channel (to "mess with") that you know receives a strong signal. When you monitor the scanning to see if the LED changes worked as desired, you may be able to set the squelch (squelch nob counter clockwise as viewed from above the radio) so as to receive a continuous signal (should be undesired noise). This should trigger the LED settings for test purposes.

Last edited:

Lew

I must not be making myself clear. I need to know how to determine the settings that control the various colors, i.e., what are the settings for a blue LED and/or a red LED and the suggested blink times.
Previous posts have gotten me straight on what to do after I dermine the colors I want.

Thanks for your patience.

Lew in SC

Lew

Tri Color alert set up

Please disregard my last. After following the posted answers exactly I got it to work as advertised.

Some of us are faster than others!

Thanks for the help

Lew in
sc

rwier

Please disregard my last. After following the posted answers exactly I got it to work as advertised.

Some of us are faster than others!

Thanks for the help

Lew in
sc

Hi Lew,

I assume this means that you were successful in controlling different no flash, no blink , colors while scanning?

Does this also mean that you don't need, or want, to proceed with a "flash lesson"?

Rob

Last edited:

Lew

Mr. RWIER,

Thanks to all of your help I'm good to go. What a great resource RR is!

Thanks again.

Lew in SC

rwier

Mr. RWIER,

Thanks to all of your help I'm good to go. What a great resource RR is!

Thanks again.

Lew in SC

Excellent, I think those LED controls are so versatile that if you knew Morse Code, you could have the radio talk to you with lights, lol!

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
Led

It almost looks like you can put more than 4 colors on an alert using EZ Scan.

It helps tp load presets and see what they do and what settings go with them. I do find that from time to time the Load Preset does not respond, but quitting the EZScan SW and restarting it always seems to get by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.