Setting Date Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrsandy

Premium Subscriber
I sent my 536 to Uniden for the headphone issue. Radio was returned and was packed extremely well. I took the radio out of the shipping box, connected everything up and turned it on. Radio came on, loaded the SD card and started scanning, everything working fine. Turned off the radio and went to bed.

Next day I turned on the radio and it said I needed to set the date and time. OK I thought, the radio has been off for a few days and I only turned it on for a few minutes when I received it back from repair. I tried to set the date and I can get as far as the month but it keeps telling me the day is out of range (trying to enter 15). I thought maybe the radio needs to be on for a number of hours to charge the internal battery for me to be able to complete the date setting.

The radio has been plugged in and turned on for about 12 hours and it still won't let me set the day. I can't go any further until I can get past this step.

I did the 2, 9, dept. and turn on to reset the radio but that didn't help the problem at all.

Anybody have any suggestions on how I can get this thing to accept the date?

Thanks in advance for any help.

jrsandy

Premium Subscriber
Disregard my original post

I started playing with the buttons and by pushing the avoid, replay, system, dept and channel buttons in that order, the radio started scanning. I then went into the menu and set the date and time without incident.

Seems to be working fine now. Don't know what happened either with my original problem or my solution that fixed the problem. Right now I'm glad that the problem has went away, at least for now.

kellykeeton

I feature request I thought of that would be good - config the software that if the date is lost - it just uses some default setting rather then asking every damn time.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I feature request I thought of that would be good - config the software that if the date is lost - it just uses some default setting rather then asking every damn time.

Or just don't display a date and time but still scan. I mean really do you need date and time on your scanner?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
These scanners use the date and time for the timestamp when you record audio..

'Zactly. This issue was beaten to death already before these units even started shipping. :) There's no real elegant way to avoid this issue other than make sure you keep the scanner plugged in and running for a while now and then. I use mine at work everyday tethered to my work PC via USB so the AA batteries inside stay fresh for the hour long ride home and the clock battery keeps getting topped-off. So far, it's never asked me for the date and time since the first time I set it when the scanner was new 2 months ago.

-AZ

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
Thank You! I cannot wait to try this when I get home. I called Uniden tech support and the guy had no clue what to do, and he was a pretty sharp dude. Told me to send it in for repair. :(

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
THIS WORKED! I may mention that you need to attempt to set the clock as prompted from startup first. Not until it fails and diplays the (date out of range) error message do you then press AVOID -> REPLAY -> SYSTEM -> DEPT -> CHANNEL. The screen will go blank and then scan, or in my case, display "nothing to scan" since I reset it to factory settings over 10 times. I think I'll do uniden a favor and call them to let them know of this fix. Maybe good karma will get us the siren app/analyze feature this year.

Thank you jrsandy!

Status
Not open for further replies.