Setting p25 thresehold from auto to man 396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

daggit

You may be right because I just updated the firmware and I know in the past I saw the option to change the thresehold to manual from auto.

W6KRU

Unfortunately Uniden decided to remove the option to manually adjust the P25 threshold level from the XT series. Their best attempt at correction of this blunder resulted in a limited Auto adjustment but it isn't the same.

Clark

At the end of the Wiki is information on how to access the setting to manually adjust Threshold and Level on the XTs with the latest firmware.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
At the end of the Wiki is information on how to access the setting to manually adjust Threshold and Level on the XTs with the latest firmware.

But it does not work. At least nothing like the true manual setting did in the older T series radios.
For the T series radios, the manual setting was a true manual setting and it could be set for EACH system individually that was programmed into the radio. Each system could have differing values.
With the XT series, it is like DDan said and is limited in its manual ability (not truly manual and some part of the range will still auto adjust or fixes on an unwanted level) plus it affects ALL systems in the scanner. So say you have one system that works well with a manual setting but others that work better with a different manual value or auto, you are SOL with the XT series.
It worked fantastic in the T series with the true manual adjustments and the fact that you could set each system to a good working level.

What I think the OP is talking about is the true manual setting that was only offered in the T series. It was never offered in the XT series even through the different firmware versions. Uniden has played with the setting via the hidden menu over different firmeware versions but has never brought back the true fully manual setting that the T series have.
My older T series 996 runs circles around my 996XT for the simulcast sites here thanks to the manual setting.

sprite1741

The manual threshold is why I am still using my 6 year old 396t. The p25 system I monitor only works cleanly in Manual 8. Auto or default give garble until is settles and or missed transmissions. Tried the auto adjustments, but no help. I might try a 396xt and see how it does, but not getting rid of the "t" until I am sure it will decode without missing transmissions.

kb8rvp

For me with the newest firmware on the 396XT works best radio wide with the P25 Adjust mode of 11 and a P25 Adjust level of 50 which is the auto mode but it's not bad with a manual mode of 8 and 200.

Good luck and I hope you can find a mode that works for you.

Mike

W6KRU

My older T series 996 runs circles around my 996XT for the simulcast sites here thanks to the manual setting.

Same situation here with handhelds. My 396T is superior to my 396XT for digital. What was Uniden thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.