Setting priority channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigvtx

Hello everyone.
So I am having trouble setting up my favorite channel in a trunk system. I have priority Id scan set to on, for the system that the channel is in. I also have the channel set as a priority. Is there a setting I am missing? Is there another setting needs to be set?
I prefer using the sentinel software to set this up.
Please help

Ubbe

The problem could be that it only checks if a priority channel are active when the scanner are idle on the control channel.
If you try and do temporary avoids to the talk groups that gets active that are not prio ones, do you then monitor the TG's that you have set as prio?

It could be a service type problem, that the service type for the prio TG's are not enabled. If you are using location control it could then also be that the department with the prio TG's are out of range. Or simply that those TG's are not transmitted on the site you are monitoring, but will be proven if you avoid all other TG's so they cannot interfere.

/Ubbe

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Hold on a non-priority talk group. If the priority is pretty active, you'll find out if you programming is correct, because the scanner will jump to the priority one if no transmissions are in progress on the non-priority talk group. No transmissions must be in progress on other talk groups for the priority function to work.

Ubbe

You found the problem.

It means that the prio TG's you have programmed are not scanned and the prio function will then not work. They either belongs to another department or site or system or are out of the range setting.

/Ubbe

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I get the response of something no channel set
You found the problem.

It means that the prio TG's you have programmed are not scanned and the prio function will then not work. They either belongs to another department or site or system or are out of the range setting.

/Ubbe

If you have it programmed as a trunking system, you shouldn't see this. It sounds like you programmed a trunking system as Conventional. In a trunking system, if either the priority is enabled at either the system level and not at the talk group level or the other way around, you won't see this message. (I just tried it on a trunking system I have priority talk groups set up to confirm).

Priority ID in a Trunking system is different. You have to turn it on in at the System Option level of a Trunking System, then you must select a talk group you want to have set as a priority, then you can try my suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.