setting up a idas system

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
what components do I need to get to set up a repeater.? Are there special controllers I would have buy? Is there a good source for good pricing?

I am also interested in ip connect to other users, how hard is this?

KD8BIW

Idas/nxdn

As far as RF equipment goes, you will need either an Icom or Kenwood digital repeater. Icom has the FR5000 for 2M and FR6000 for 70cm. These have built-in basic controllers that will ID the repeater at 10 minute intervals. An external controller can be added by using the 25 pin accessory connector on the back of the repeater. You will need to AND the 2 logic outputs signalling that the repeater has decoded either the proper CTCSS or RAN code (COS/CAS/whatever in other terms). For IP linking you will need to purchase the UC-FR5000 board to install in each repeater to be linked. As fas as sourcing, I will leave that to you. There are many Icom and Kenwood dealers across the US that would be more than happy to help you out. Good luck!

idigicom

Did you get the iDAS Repeater project going? I'm planning to do the same and would appreciate anything you might have learned from your setup. I am already testing IDAS HTs in digital mode. They're awesome in terms of range and audio clarity. One thing that is a little unclear about the repeater setup is whether an external controller is needed beyond what comes with the F6000 repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.