setting up bcd396t in kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdtech2009

Hey guys, i've been trying to set my 396 up for the rebanded system for some time now but can't seem to get it right. It use to work just fine last year to pick up KHP. I did the firmwear upgrade for rebanding a few weeks ago and resubcribed to RR to download the new data. I am still a little fuzzy on what type of system I should be setting up for KS statewide. Arc396 software says to use Mot type 2 800 custom but RR says that KS is a P25 system. So do I set it to APCO25 or MOT type 2 800 custom and enter the custom band plans? I have tried it both ways and have yet to receive any transmisions other than conv local pd. Any help would be appriciated thanks!

trumpetboy50

Premium Subscriber
I live in overland park and the KSICS system is a P25 system. I have it on my 996XT and have received transmissions on it. If you would like I could get you the P25 system on an ARC file and send it to you. If you are interested, just either PM me or email me with exactly what systems you want, and I'll get it to you soon.

--Andrew

jdtech2009

Thanks

Hey thanks for the offer, however after pouring through several forums on this and other sites I finnally figured out that it is suppose to be P25 after all and only our frequencies changed. I think the reason I couldn't get anything to come in was due to location. I changed the closest tower to P25 and reloaded it last night and took it out with me to work today and as soon as I got out of town I started recieving transmisions from troopers going on duty. In the house I just can't pic up the weaker digital signals very well with my OEM antenna. Anyone got any recomendations on an antenna upgrade? Would a telescopic for 800mhz do any better?

trumpetboy50

Premium Subscriber
Hey no problem. Glad you got it to work. I'm not very good with antennas, so that will have to be someone else that answers that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.