Setting up BCD536hp and SDS200 for local listening and streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

kepster9312

I am setting up a computer for local listening within range of the scanners but also for setup to stream the two scanners SDS200 and BCD536HP connected to the computer. I have a 3.5 mm splitter connected to the scanner's external speaker port then have a speaker plugged into one end of the splitter and then the other is connected to the computer audio in. The problem is when I have the usb cable connected from the scanner to the computer and the 3.5mm cable connected from the splitter to line-in port on the computer even if I have one of them plugged into the computer I lose the audio from the scanner until I unplug them.. This is happening on both scanners. Any idea on how I can make it work?

Ubbe

The speaker output do not use a ground, both leads on the speaker cable are floating in a push-pull fashion and cannot be grounded, as you now are doing when you connect them to the computer. You will have to use a ground loop isolator between each scanner and the computer. Those are often stereo types so one isolator should be enough.

Ground loop isolator

/Ubbe

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Ubbe I have seen problems with the common ground I use 1 per scanner. But using the 536 and the sds200 why not use url audio with PROSCAN streaming products it would be much clearer and the volume control has no affect on the stream.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
An interesting thing I noticed in the BC23-A manual is the plug is a stereo type but only the left channel is connected...
For the external speaker on the scanner...

Ubbe

But using the 536 and the sds200 why not use url audio with PROSCAN streaming products it would be much clearer and the volume control has no affect on the stream.
That's a much better solution than using direct connected cables as networked connections doesn't have any audio issues. But perhaps the OP have a streaming software that needs to use signals from the line in jack of the computer. But as I understand the free streaming software from ProScan can be used with the most common streaming formats.

/Ubbe

kepster9312

I have tried the network connections but is constantly dropping or when I do get it to be connected to the network i can't get the audio to connect online but have full control.

What about using the head phone jacks on the front and then for the speaker have it use audio amplifier

Ubbe

Too bad that networking isn't reliable as that would have made it possible to stream at the same time as listening to the scanners speaker and no volume control would have affected the streaming audio level.

If you use headphone or speaker jack you would have to use audio pass through on the computer to hear anything from the scanners audio in the computer speakers, or internet connect to your own streams. And that ground loop isolator must still be used.

/Ubbe

kepster9312

What is the best way to make a ground loop isolator or can i buy one and would it would be placed in between scanner and the splitter or splitter and speakers

kepster9312

Is there any way you can try my setup and see if it cancel out the audio with the isolator connected

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
What we have told you to do are the things that we are currently using and doing? It works for us that is why I tell people what to use.
Most people here own and use what they tell people work.

Status
Not open for further replies.