Setting up multipe systems that share frequencies - question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the System in Question : http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=844

I will be using one site from the system (State of Oklahoma DPS / City of Tulsa System ) but there are several hundred groups that I want to add..

The bc246 will only take 200 groups per system. Here is what I want to do.

Set up 5 systems. All 5 systems will use the same set of frequencies. All 5 systems will use the same site. Each of the 5 system/sites will include different/unique groups. Any problem with that?

Thanks, Zac..

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Duplicate frequencies...

Will the 246 allow you to program duplicate frequencies? If so, it shouldn't be a problem but... I would consider closing the banks so only those specific TGIDs programmed for that bank will pop up. If you don't close the banks you could have tons of "unknown" TGIDs popping up on all the banks (to me that would just be a hassle).

Some of my scanners will allow me to program one frequency in many times, my 2036 won't however so I couldn't do what you suggest. The wiki shows that the 246 has duplicate channel alert so...

slicerwizard

Set up 5 systems. All 5 systems will use the same set of frequencies. All 5 systems will use the same site. Each of the 5 system/sites will include different/unique groups. Any problem with that?
That system has 571 unique talkgroups listed. You can set up three or more systems to cover all of them. Just include all of the control channels in all of the systems and use CC-Only mode. Monitor all systems in ID Scan mode.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It only affects the one system you set. ID Scan/search does not apply to conventional systems at all. You can have some of your trunked systems be ID Scan and others be ID Search...

Okay.. I read a little bit more about that and I get it... Does that mean that a person could set up a trunking system with all the frequencies (or even just the control channels), but leave the talkgroups empty and then "trunksearch" and it will find and store the talkgroups that it can locate?

Such a newbie, I now..

Status
Not open for further replies.