Setting up P25 system on WS1040

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBGVOLFF

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to setup the Orange County Florida P25 system on my WS1040. ( Orange County Public Services P25 Trunking System, Orlando, Florida - Scanner Frequencies ). Ive tried it as a P25 Auto, P25 Manual, and a MOT 800/900 and have not had any success with it.

I also have radio shack Pro-96 that picks up the system with no problem so I know distance isn't a issue. It picks up the simulcast system for the county.

I have tried importing in through Win500 from a win96 file software and when it asks to set it up as a P25 or a Mot 800/900 I have tried both with no luck.

I am lost at this point. I have tried different trunking table as well as a custom one that I found on another website for this system.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
It should be a P25 Auto system with Default Trunking Tables.

Something you can try to do is turning you squelch down to see if it improves your ability to receive the system.

Are you able to verify that you have the control channels programmed? If you go to any TG for the system, you should be able to get to the TSYS (F2), and then Analyz (F3). This will allow you to go through all the frequencies you have programmed for the system.

PBGVOLFF

Premium Subscriber
I do have the control channels programmed... I confirmed that with my Pro-96 right next to it. It picks up the control channels but I don't hear any sound.

I have played around with the squelch as well and it doesn't seem to help any.

Status
Not open for further replies.