Setting up p25 system without RR database

Status
Not open for further replies.

electric777

Hello all.
I am new to this forum and uniden trunking add systems, your help is very much appreciated.

I'm trying to set up P25 system in my Bcd396xt. I live in Israel and there is no info in the RadioRef DB.

I have a few questions :

1. When searching the public safety band with C-CH only enabled, the scanner stops and hold in many frequencies and displays the site info and TG id's but no trunking is made, it stays in the control channel frequency and of course no talk is heard.
Is this normal or am I doing some thing wrong?

2. I have tried to set up a system with some of the control channel's found in my scan but once again, when scanning my system (only one system is configured, no factory default systems) with ID search, i hear slight portions of talking, most of the time (and i mean hours) it's just silence and scanning through the system sites without jumping to other frequencies. Reception seems fine (4 bars)
Any ideas here?

I'm hoping my questions are clear, English is not my native language...
Thank you for any advice

teufler

.אם יש לך סריקה חינם מכור לכל דבר LOG הרדיו שלך. אתה יכול לאפשר להפעיל סורק ה כל הלילה תוך כדי שינה. ואז כאשר זמן, אתה יכול לבדוק ביומן עבור תדרים פעילים על ידי עיון בעמודת המשך. TG של ותדירות ינותק. טור תג יהיה dson't הריק כי אתם יודעים מי לאט לאט אתה אמור להיות מסוגל לבנות מערכות. כפי שאתם לקבל אינדיקציה ערוץ שליטה חזקה, ליצור מערכת עם frequncy אחד. גדר חיפוש ID ולהפעיל את זה. לא בטוח מה המערכת סוג, אבל לנסות P25 תקן P25 הדיגיטלי הראשון. אני בספק אם הם 800 MHz trunking דיגיטליים שאינם. אולי הם בטוחים או מוצפנים, כך שאם אתה נמצא מחוץ מזל. עבודה קשה

electric777

I appreciate your effort but Google translate messed up your answer pretty bad.

Can you please post it again in English?

electric777

One more Q: After finding a control channel with custom search, i have configured a system with only one site and one frequency (the one i found). I've also configured under the same system one group which is empty(no TG id's entered). Now I'm going to scan mode with ID search enabled but once again, no talking is heard.
What am i missing?

n4yek

Are you sure it is a P25 only digital trunk system your are trying to scan?
If it is then set it up as a P25 system with the one control channel frequency you found. The scanner only needs the control channel and when you scan the system in ID Search then you should hear all users on the system.

If the system uses both digital AND analog, then set it up as an Motorola 800 trunk system using only the control channel and set it for ID Search again.

electric777

Thanks Danny.

I actually tried both p25 and MOT. When scanning the MOT system I get no reception bars at all. Same frequency in a p25 system yield a fee seconds of clear talk (after hours waiting). What i have heard is "Say again please" so clearly it was a middle of a conversation in an active site but I didn't get the rest of it.

It feels like the scanner is out of tune or getting noisy signal, is it possible that it needs returning at Uniden?

P. S I'm using RadioShack 800 mhz antenna

marksmith

Are you sure it is a P25 only digital trunk system your are trying to scan?
If it is then set it up as a P25 system with the one control channel frequency you found. The scanner only needs the control channel and when you scan the system in ID Search then you should hear all users on the system.

If the system uses both digital AND analog, then set it up as an Motorola 800 trunk system using only the control channel and set it for ID Search again.
If it is truly a p25 system, this will not work.

If it is a Motorola system with p25 voice, it will.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

electric777

Thanks Mark.
Assuming it is truly P25, what are the steps to find one control channel and hear all the groups using it?

I want to setup the simplest system for starters

electric777

Band

I'm not sure I understood your question.
Band plan was automatically configured the site as shown here:
0:851.00625\6.25
1:762.00625\6.25
4:450.00000\6.25

all other values are empty (----------)

The scanner default band plan is untouched.

electric777

I have fount about 10 control channels, all in the 850-870 Mhz range.
these frequencies was found while searching a custom range, the scanner stops at this frequencies and displays the system and site numbers as well as the TGID's. indeed this frequencies has signal continuously

teufler

well try again, You have done a custom search, found frequencies. Create a system, put one frequency in the site, set system type as p25 standard (diogital XT), and say id search,NOT scan. yOU HAVE SPACE IN THE SCANNER SO CREATE SYSTEMS FOR THE 10 FREQUENCIES YOU HAVE FOUND. If you have Frfeescan loaded, connect to your scanner, click scanner tab, control scanner, click record, and log. Leave the scanner alone, go to bed, then after some hours, you can see what you have found and go back to the logged audio,

marksmith

Why not? It works pretty good for me when I make a P25 system.
Interesting.

I have NEVER set up a p25 system as a Motorola 800 system and had it work.
And I mean never.

Must be different overseas if that works.

Mark

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
If it is truly a p25 system, this will not work.

If it is a Motorola system with p25 voice, it will.

Mark

Wrong.
If you set it up as 2 separate systems, 1 an Motorola II, 1 an P25S, and set both to ID Search, there will be NO problems. Which is what he was told to do.

n4yek

Interesting.

I have NEVER set up a p25 system as a Motorola 800 system and had it work.
And I mean never.
Mark
I didn't tell him to do that, I asked him if he was sure it was a true P25 and offered him 2 ways to set it up if he was NOT sure.

sorry milf, didn't see you had already replied.:)

electric777

Back to this issue

Hi all.

It's been a long time since I have posted this post but now I am back with this issue and still can't get the scanner working.

I will once again write down what I'm doing step by step.
If you guys have any ideas please do tell.

1. I'm starting with an empty scanner, all cleard out.
2. I'm trying to find control channels. To do so I'm using 'search custom' with a custom range of 800 to 900 mhz.
In the custom search options i have selected c-ch only.
3. When searching, my scanner is successfully finding control channels. It shows DAT on the screen and SID with a number.
4. When it finds a control channel the scanner stop the search and is "stuck" on the frequency. No voice is heard and no trunking (i.e jumping to talk frequency) is made
5. In order to continue with the search i have to use the knob.
6. After this process, i have managed to write down 10 different control channels.
7. I have created 10 different systems, in each systen one site with one of the control channels i have found.
8. I let the scanner scan through this 10 systems.
9. No 'talking' is heard :(
10. System in here is (Israel) is P25 phase2.

What am I doing wrong?
Any help will be much appreciated

Darmtn

The the BCD396XT doesn't decode phase 2?????

Does:
Digital - Motorola, EDACS, LTR, P25 (Phase 1)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.