Setting up P25RX One-Click "zones" ?

sefrischling

Is there a way to set up the P25RX to have specific “Groups” “Zones” or whatever you want to call them?

For some reason I can’t clear out the talk groups no longer in use. The P25RX came with some Tis already in there, I can’t clear them out. I went to Virginia, I can’t clear those out.

I want to be able to set it up so when I am in Connecticut East I listen only to specific TGs, Connecticut Central I listen only to specific TGs, Connecticut West I listen only to specific TGs, Connecticut SECT I listen only to specific TGs and then Rhode Island South.

Not where I have to check off TGs, and uncheck TGs, but only specific TGs as I move point to point, quickly. One click access.

I love the P25RX, I think it performs very well, I just want to use it more effectively.

Reactions: btt

wmlovell

Feed Provider
This would be a wonderful feature for me, as well. When you have a lot of talk groups, it becomes tedious and time consuming to locate and enable/disable talk groups for various regions or agency types. Predetermined groups would simplify this tasks.

Maybe this could be accomplished by having an additional column in the talk group editor where a numeric value can be assigned for the group that the talk group would be assigned. (No number assigned would be always on, "1" for group 1, etc.) Then a place where you can enable these groups.

sefrischling

This would be a wonderful feature for me, as well. When you have a lot of talk groups, it becomes tedious and time consuming to locate and enable/disable talk groups for various regions or agency types.
I usually have mine hooked up to a Toughbook and use it while driving. I use this differently than my radio and Unication G5. I tend to keep the P25RX locked onto a very specific cluster of TalkGroups that give me vital secondary information. But changing them on the fly is a challenge i can't do it while driving.

A "one touch" would be very easy while driving.

I like the idea of columns, as you suggested. A very user friendly approach.

djbisme

Premium Subscriber
I'm a newer P25RX user and have had it about 3wks now - pretty impressed so far. The concept of a 'favorites' list, such as used in scanners like the Uniden (or they could be called 'zones' to align more with the amateur radios), would be awesome. Being able to assign TGs to a favorites list, then be able to switch between these favorites easily is definitely needed.

I plan to start using my P25 mobile more now, and a way to switch or activate favorite lists w/o the computer interface would be very helpful as well. Maybe assigning one of the button sequences that cycle through the favorites each time it is activated?

Extending this idea out to an external display that some are apparently working on (according some other posts here?) would be awesome while mobile. Have one of the screens on the display list out the favorites lists, then be able to tap to switch/activate an appropriate favorite.

Just some ideas to add to the wish-list. =)