Setting up Pro-106/197 for Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

I am trying to set up Unitrunker to use my Pro-106 or 197 as the "data radio".
I "called" myself searching around for the information but so far no luck (on my part).
So what is the "proper" way to set up a 106 or 197 for use with Unitrunker?
Actual set up instructions or directions to threads/links and/or other needed info will be welcomed.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I can't think of a particular post that gives those directions - and if somebody else provides a link, they probably had to search for it - So you should start by searching the RR forums yourself to see if you can find posts related to setting up the 106/197.

Here is what I can tell you to start:

On your scanner you want to make sure that CCDUMP is set to YES
- Press PROG, then FUNC, then GLOB (F3)
- Scroll down the menu to the 2nd entry from the bottom (CCDUMP)
- Set CCDUMP to YES
- Press SAVE (F1)

This will ensure that CCDUMP is turned on, which is what you need so that the scanner knows to send the control channel data over the PCIF.

(Note: Unitrunker should automatically do the above step, but to be sure do it manually so you know it's on... .Unitrunker will set it to NO when you exit Unitrunker, so keep this in mind)

Then, in this order:
1. Plug your PCIF cable into the scanner
2. Wait a few seconds for good measure
3. Plug your PCIF cable into the computer
4. Wait a few seconds for good measure - your computer should give you an indication (audible / visual) that a new device is connected

5. Determine what Serial Port it is assigned to. The way I do it is to go into the Control Panel of Windows, go to System, Device Manager, and check out the ports section - and see what COM ports you have available. The PCIF cable will usually be COM3 or greater. But you'll need to verify.

Once you know what COM port is being assigned to the PCIF cable, you'll need to:

7. Run Unitrunker
8. Click on the RECEIVERS tab
9. Click [+] at the top of Unitrunker to create a new receiver
10. Double Click on the new receiver (which probably says Unconfigured - Unknown)
11. Double-click on the TYPE field and select INLINE
12. Double Click on the MODEL field and select PRO106
13. Double-click on the ROLE field and select SIGNAL
14. Double-click on SERIAL PORT and select your COM port that is assigned to the PCIF

Set:

Baud Rate: 115200
Data: 8
Stop: 1
Parity: None
Logging: X (select it)

Once you've done all of the above, tune to an active control channel of the type that you know Unitrunker shoudl be able to monitor...

Then go back into that new Reciever that you created and set the RUN field to RUNNING

You should see some information start to pop up.

If this does not work for you, please don't shoot the messenger. Post here and somebody will likely respond to assist you further... maybe me, maybe someone else.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Steve

Thanks Mike, That is the info I was looking for. As stated, I "called" myself doing a search but with family issues and limited computer time/access the past three weeks the search wasn't a "good" one.

Alabama RS, the very site/place I missed in my search. I will check it out, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.