Setting up Railroad Freq on Pro-106

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarpad

I actually have 2 of these units and I was thinking of using one to scan the RR freq in my Area which is Western Massachusetts. I have a premium sub here and was wondering the best way to program the radio, I see that RR freq vary so much areas to area.

reconrider8

on top of that once you find your local channels in another bank so if you just happen to be around your local area you can just hear that

Scarpad

Using my Premium sub and the Arc 500 software I've programmed my scanner, but I don't see a way of doing the Railroad Freq via that method, I was trying to avoid entering them all in by hand

ecps92

Go to the Wiki and Cut-n-Paste

Using my Premium sub and the Arc 500 software I've programmed my scanner, but I don't see a way of doing the Railroad Freq via that method, I was trying to avoid entering them all in by hand

QDP2012

In the RRDB, there is a nationwide list of Rail freq's:

Railroads

I cannot find a way to directly access this DB record via the Arc500 RR interface.

But, since you are interested in only Western MA, here are the steps to download MA Railroads in Arc500.

• From within Arc 500:
  • Click on "RadioReference" button in the button bar.
  • Connect using your credentials
  • Use "State" pick-list to Choose State: MA / Massachusetts
  • Then use "Agency" pick-list to choose "Railroads"
  • Then in the "Data" tabbed section, click the little "+" to expand the list and select which ones you wish to download.

This should let you access a list of all Railroads in MA.

Hope this helps,

Status
Not open for further replies.