Setting up with out other sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJS456

Hello RR.

I am need of some assistance. I would also like to mention that I am new at providing a live feed. I have a problem that needs to be addressed. I have tried to fix the problem on my own but to no luck. My problem is when when I listen to anything over the internet, YouTube, news videos, ect. my live feed picks everything. I have an e machines ET1331G Desktop computer, no custom sound card. I don't know where my line in is on my sound card. I have looked and tried several ports but all is the same outcome to my live feed. Also how should I have my default recording devices set up for the best situation. Right now I have the stereo mix realtek HD audio as my default device and the line in as the default communication device. to better explain here is a picture

Untitled.jpg

thanks for any help in advance

Mike S.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello RR.

I am need of some assistance. I would also like to mention that I am new at providing a live feed. I have a problem that needs to be addressed. I have tried to fix the problem on my own but to no luck. My problem is when when I listen to anything over the internet, YouTube, news videos, ect. my live feed picks everything. I have an e machines ET1331G Desktop computer, no custom sound card. I don't know where my line in is on my sound card. I have looked and tried several ports but all is the same outcome to my live feed. Also how should I have my default recording devices set up for the best situation. Right now I have the stereo mix realtek HD audio as my default device and the line in as the default communication device. to better explain here is a picture

Untitled.jpg

thanks for any help in advance

Mike S.

Line-In jack is color-coded blue.

Two things I would try.
1. Stereo Mix set to "Default Device" doesn't seem right. I would right click the Line-In icon and click the menu item "Set As Default Device".

2. Is it possible that the speaker audio is feeding back into webcam mic? [EDIT ] Turn down the speaker volume or disable the webcam mic to isolate the problem.

Last edited:

MJS456

Thank you for the help. Please excuse my ignorance. I have done what you have suggested to do. I still get my computer sounds (same as before) though the scanner feed.

again any help is greatly appreciated
thanks in advance
Mike S.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the help. Please excuse my ignorance. I have done what you have suggested to do. I still get my computer sounds (same as before) though the scanner feed.

again any help is greatly appreciated
thanks in advance
Mike S.

Can you post another screen shot like before.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The Stereo Mix is still showing as the default communications Device. Try Right click the Line-In icon and click on the "Set As Default Communications Device".

MJS456

YES!! we have it now. Thank you very much for your help. I just tried watching a video on YouTube, and no sound other than the scanner (I had NOAA on for continuous test) and all I heard was NOAA. Thank you greatly on this.

Best Regards
Mike S.

Status
Not open for further replies.