Settings talk group ids to control channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a radio shack pro 433, i have had it for 8 years only been used for va beach. But they went digital...

I am try to set norfolks talk groups to the control channels..... I have them all in the scanner.

Is there anyone out here that can help me step by step how to connect them.

Thanks.

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
Sorry man but I do not think the PRO 433 is a digital capable unit. The good news is that you can monitor most of the Tidewater area with the PRO 197 which is around $350. You may want to also look on eBay for a used unit. GRE and Uniden also make digital scanners. I will not get into which is better but the 197 is inexpensive compared to some of the other makes.

DickH

I have a radio shack pro 433, i have had it for 8 years only been used for va beach. But they went digital...

I am try to set norfolks talk groups to the control channels..... I have them all in the scanner.

Is there anyone out here that can help me step by step how to connect them. ....

1 - Join this free group PRO-433_scanners : PRO-433 & PRO-528 Scanners
2 - Go to the FILES section (left side of group's page.
3 - Scroll to the last file to see how trunking works. READ THIS FIRST.
4 - First file is step-by-step programming.

brownlab

I apologize. I thought you were trying to set up VB and I thought that everyone had gone digital down there (and it appears that Norfolk is working on that as well) But at any rate, I have not manually programmed a scanner in years and I do not think the 433 can be programed using a computer. I would go to the following link Pro-433 - The RadioReference Wiki where you can download the manuals. Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

kc4jgc

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-T459/T459UVIA1 NetFront/3.4 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

As Jeff said, Norfolk won't be analog for long. On another thread, kbburgess says latest info has Norfolk transitioning to digital in June. That will leave only Portsmouth, Suffolk & Newport News the only cities in the regionwith their police and fire depts still on analog systems. If you end up getting a pro 106/197, there are plenty of us around that can share files with you. You will need updated files as the pre-programmed data is at least 4 years old and mostly out of date.

DickH

I apologize. I thought you were trying to set up VB and I thought that everyone had gone digital down there (and it appears that Norfolk is working on that as well) But at any rate, I have not manually programmed a scanner in years and I do not think the 433 can be programed using a computer. I would go to the following link Pro-433 - The RadioReference Wiki where you can download the manuals. Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

And you have another misunderstanding. The PRO-433 CAN be programmed using ARC433.

DickH

Can you run more then one trunked group on a scanner. Like have Norfolk cc on 1 2 3,

And another city on 101, 102, and etc??

They are trunked systems, not trunked groups.
Yes you can run at least one system in each bank. If they are Motorola systems and physically far apart (50 miles?) you can run more than one system in a bank. Theoretically, since you need only the 4 control channels and there are 100 freqs. in a bank, you can run 25 systems in a bank. Of course there will be conflictions with talk groups, but it will work.
Out here on the left coast, we can run Seattle, Portland, Salem, San Francisco and others in the same bank.

brownlab

And you have another misunderstanding. The PRO-433 CAN be programmed using ARC433.

ARC433? Yes like my old Uniden 250, it came with software which you could program the unit but I never tried it since it looked more complicated than doing it manually. Nothing like the software available today that interfaces with the scanner and makes programming very easy and is what I was thinking about when I wrote my post but again, yes I stand corrected. There is a program that will do it. I meant to asked how is the reception in VB from Norfolk anyhow? I understand that they are right next door yet I always had difficulty receiving Arlington from Alexandria back when they were both analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.