Setup for BCT15X, King County, WA

Status
Not open for further replies.

wl7bvn

Premium Subscriber
Curious if any BCT15X users in Washington State could help me out. Looking for config files to program King County.

This scanner is the most confusing radio I've ever used. Thanks in advance!

ChrisABQ

Get the serial to usb adapter, get the membership to the RR database which is $15 and use Freescan (it's free) to program your scanner. It's very easy.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That answer reminds me of Trump's foreign policy - short on details...

WL7BVN - welcome.

The BCT15X is a very good analog-only scanner; unfortunately a lot of what is in your area is digital (and a few trunk systems are not monitorable at all). If you go down to the very bottom of (links are always blue...)

King County, Washington (WA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

You will see a list of trunk systems in your area. The only ones you might be able to trunk (if you are within range) are marked 'LTR Standard' or 'Motorola Type II SmartZone'. It will work well if you are trying to hear civilian or military aircraft.

That being said, the following article from our wiki has links to everything you will need to get started, including articles on USB connections (which has become a royal pain in the rumpus thanks to Micro-hard...Microsoft) to Easier to Read manuals (at the bottom of...)

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.