Setup up my New SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHDaniel

I've really enjoyed my SDS100, and have learned quite a bit. Sentinel as well. I ordered a SDS200 for my desk at home. Should be here today.
I did not order any programming. What's your recommendation on cloning my 100 to the new 200?
I'm assuming this can be done with Sentinel, or perhaps even copying the contents of the memory card to the 200.
Appreciate any ideas

thanks
Dave

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
That will get it going...
But you need to tweek some settings in the 200 profile that are different from the 100...
Mostly pertaining to the back light settings...

100 settings 200 settings Left to right
100P.jpg200P.jpg

Last edited:

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I’ve simply used the same Sentinel programming for both and individually set the backlight on each radio. It’s down and dirty and I know I can set up two different profiles but I normally use the Butel software and my subscription to RR for most all editing, and Sentinel for the very few items Butel doesn’t do.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yeah it's pretty easy to duplicate the programming/settings from one scanner to another via Sentinel.

It can be even to the point where the Opening Message on the new scanner refers to the old scanner, if that does not get changed in the copy/save process.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
The thing to remember is favorite lists are always the same. It's PROFILES that can be different.

So, set up a 100 and a 200 profile. (File / new). Then tweak each to the way you want. For example: I have the 100 to show the battery voltage on the detailed conventional and trunking screens. But, since the 200 does not have a battery, I have the 200's profile set without it. Lot's of small stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.