Several Services Locked Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcisive

I have wracked my brain to figure out why on a new 536 several services seem to be locked out. I don't have the option of turning them on or off, the line on the right of them is blank and unmovable. My EMS Dispatch, EMS TAC, Federal, Interop, Media,Military, Multi Dispatch, Other, Railroad, Schools, Security, Transportation, Utilities, Racing Officials, Racing Teams are all locked out. I have NO idea why as in my Profile the are ALL checked. Any clue as to what's going on here? I've got a number of Favorites that would uses some of these so it's a drag to have them locked out.

dcisive

I don't think you understood. I knew all about setting the Service Types both on the radio and in the Profile. I figured it out however. It was a corrupted card. I reformatted the card in my computer, then put it back and did the clearance of data mode on the Sentinel program then reloaded the firmware and updated everything. It's now working fine. I began eliminating all my Favorites and I'll be starting over. I started with my Unified Police group of frequencies of which ALL are Law Talk or Law Tack. Interestingly enough in the Services Menu that is ALL of the options available. The radio knows when you've set a Favorite to a restricted number or types of Services. I confirmed it's not corrupted as in the FULL Database mode it offers ALL the Services as you would expect. Before a good number were locked out and there was NO way to enable them. Glad I had enough brain cells left to figure this stuff out. It's working better than ever now.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If you have a FL selected and the main dB deselected, then the service type options will only allow you to turn on/off those service types that actually exist in the FL. If your FL did not have any EMS Dispatch channels in it, for example, under Service Type selection, the scanner will show: EMS Dispatch: ---

This is normal operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.