Severe Flooding in Howard County

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksmith

State of Emergency issued by the governor. One death, severe damage to roads and buildings that were undermined by fast water.

Baltimore City also was performing swift water rescues in Northwest area along the water last night with multiple boats on fire ground 4 with Harford County swift water rescue assist.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

sc800

Have you heard any new special units?

In my limited listening the only one I haven't heard before on the fire side was Battalion 3. Didn't hear any on the PD side, although it was unusual they were referring to officers by name rather than 4 digit number, or unit number. Did the eventually put Lincoln or Victor units in service?

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure. I have been listening off and on. I don't normally listen to Howard so I am not familiar with their units.

For those that are interested, Fire has primarily used Delta 1 and police have been using Incident 10.

Do to all the different jurisdictions assisting, they have also patched at times 8 Tac 92 & 8 Tac 93. Per radio traffic on one channel, it appears that they also are or planning to use CMARC Event 1 also on the CMARC System to assist with outside units.

baybum

Today there's a Chinook helicopter removing cars from inaccessible areas. Anyone copying actual communications from this operation?
Correction, it is a Md. National Guard helicopter delivering pipes to repair a sewer line.

Last edited:

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Today there's a Chinook helicopter removing cars from inaccessible areas. Anyone copying actual communications from this operation?
Correction, it is a Md. National Guard helicopter delivering pipes to repair a sewer line.

I have not. They either are on or will be on FiRST but they will most likely be encrypted.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
After going through recordings MEMA was communicating about the helicopters on MEMA Central 1 & 2. I did not copy any traffic from the helo though.

troymail

Silent Key
I wonder if the MNG helicopters actually have FiRST capable radios?

If they do, it's likely to be using the low power air to ground frequencies. Or, they may have personnel on the ground coordinating the chopper operations.

On the other hand, MEMA has probably set up some patches in various interop frequencies for this. Is anyone local to the are monitoring those channels?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
If they do, it's likely to be using the low power air to ground frequencies. Or, they may have personnel on the ground coordinating the chopper operations.

On the other hand, MEMA has probably set up some patches in various interop frequencies for this. Is anyone local to the are monitoring those channels?

The MNG helos probably don't have First radios, at least the larger CH-47s and UH-60s. OTOH, the light UH-72s (that were purchased specifically for use in the US for civilian support missions) *might.* Anyway, I'd guess that the MNG helos are operating on regular Guard freqs / nets and being controlled by other Guard personnel embedded at MEMA and on scene with local authorities. Does MEMA have their own command bus, or do they use the localities' CPs? I wonder who's command busses are on the scene? HoCo? AACo? BalCo? MSP?

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Per radio traffic, seems that they have had a large contingent of Red Cross crews assisting. Has anyone in the area heard any radio traffic from them?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Per radio traffic, seems that they have had a large contingent of Red Cross crews assisting. Has anyone in the area heard any radio traffic from them?

I haven't been listening on ARC frequencies. I wonder if any radio caches have been distributed? Is CMARC still active? How about the 8TAC channels?

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I haven't been listening on ARC frequencies. I wonder if any radio caches have been distributed? Is CMARC still active? How about the 8TAC channels?

CMARC;
They were supposedly using radio caches to assist on CMARC Event 1. They were using Howard Cell but I am not sure if they are still using them.

8Tac:
Per radio traffic they activated the towers in Howard and some in Baltimore County. At my location once in a while depending on conditions, I could receive of the traffic. 8Tac92, 8Tac93, and 8Tac94 were patched into Howard County Talkgroups for outside agencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.