Severe Weather Risk:Moderate for 3-2-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

The Storm Predication Center has a large portion of Indiana under Moderate Risk for Fri 3-2-2012. The area is from Indianapolis(Marion County) Northeast.South to Southern Indiana. Tornados, Hail, Gusty Winds and Severe Thunderstorms are expected in the area." Northwest Indiana is under a Slight Risk at this time." Timeline: Starting around 2:00PM in the western part of the state around the Terre Haute(Vigo County) area. This would be a great time to check your NWS Weather Alert Radios and have extra batteries charged and on hand if you need them. *March 18-24 is Severe Weather Week in Indiana. Emergency Mangement offices across the state will hold special events to educate people on the dangers of Severe Weather and how to protect themselves.*

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The Central Indiana Skywarn net, which consolidates spotter reports for the 39 counties covered by the Indianapolis NWS office, is conducted on the 146.970 and 442.650 repeaters in Indianapolis. See www.w9nws.org/repeaters for more info.

frazpo

The data is pointing towards a more dangerous situation than Tuesday. There will be tornados, the timing and location is the question. I just hope everyone makes it a point to pay attention through out the day and take heed the warnings. As a weather buff I made it a point to get my business done in Joplin that day so I could get home to watch the storms come in. I guess being a weather geek isn't so bad after all.

The unfortunate part is that there are people that will be totally oblivious to the threat tomorrow.

scollier

Hey all,

Just listening to Floyd SAFETI, very sad to hear theyr'e still finding neighborhoods gone!

BTW either the cp has a bad headset or it's a poor attempt at encryption.

My family sends our prayers out to all of you!

shawn
connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.