Severn, MD

llwade

Premium Subscriber
Well I am off to Maryland again, to see my son's new house. this time for a week, in Severn. with my SDS100 in hand.
Appreciate any suggestions on what departments to listen to. Looking for mainly police / Fire. No EMS.
I assume R.R. will list the frequencies I need for BWI.
thank you for your time. Have a great day

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Turning off the EMS-Tac service type wouldn't suppress EMS traffic?
No, as EMS in Anne Arundel County is integrated into the fire service and uses fire talk groups for dispatch and operations. You would be able to disable Med channels / tgs however for unit-to-hospital consults. The Med channels are Hospital service type / tag.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
In Severn, you would also likely to receive Howard, Prince Georges and Baltimore counties' TRS's - in those jurisdictions, police dispatch and routine ops are in the clear (for now.)

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
If you want to listen to Anne Arundel Police or Annapolis PD then you must listen to the P16 (they are encrypted on P25).

Fire is fully on P25 (patched back to P16 but best to listen on P25).

Parks, Annapolis Services, DPW, Aging, & Transit are all on the P25 system (and not patched to P16).

You can no longer listen to AACC Public Safety or the Sheriffs Office as they are encrypted on P25 and not patched to P16.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
Be sure your son takes you to G&M in Linthicum for the best crabcakes!

If you're into rail, be sure to program Amtrak and CSX road channels