Sevier Co EMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard anything about Sevier co. EMS going over to digital maybe along with the rest that has went over. I heard other night when a ems call in and said i'm calling you on this radio because we are having trouble with our digital radio not getting out. Made me think that we may be loosing them also.I guess they all need to talk on same system to work together faster. Just glad park rangers are still loud and clear,listening to a search party now on missing hiker. Just wondering if someone had could shed some light on this matter. Thanks Ronnie

jfhtm350

As far as I know Pigeon Forge PD is the only one you can pick up. Everyone else went digital you cannot pickup. I think they still use the old frequencies from time to time like you say, but that is about it.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know Pigeon Forge PD is the only one you can pick up. Everyone else went digital you cannot pickup. I think they still use the old frequencies from time to time like you say, but that is about it.

Thanks Jim got to agree with you on that. I still can't pick up Pigeon Forge even what you have sent me. I will have a outside ant. up as soon as they get through with a room i'm adding on. Maybe then it will help. I got Jefferson Co. in scanner now hear more of them than Sevier Co. Still hear them on UHF but not like use too

jfhtm350

Thanks Jim got to agree with you on that. I still can't pick up Pigeon Forge even what you have sent me. I will have a outside ant. up as soon as they get through with a room i'm adding on. Maybe then it will help. I got Jefferson Co. in scanner now hear more of them than Sevier Co. Still hear them on UHF but not like use too

I could pick up PFPD from Douglas Dam lookout area. I know that is high ground but you should be able to pick them up from where you are unless you are in some sort of hole. Have you ever taken your scanner to Pigeon Forge to see if it picks up there. I havent been up there in a while and maybe they changed along with everyone else or something. If anything else I can clone my scanner to yours and I know it should pick it up. Just let me know something. I can program Sevier Co to one of the permanent memory banks and change mine back to what I have programmed in, so that wouldnt be a problem.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Pigeon Forge

Thanks Danny. I dont get up that way a whole lot anymore. Just heard today Dollywood has a new rollercoaster they are going to open this year called the flying eagle or something of the sorts.

Wife went up yesterday and got soak of course. Taked to some who got off the new ride wild eagle they said it was a awsome smooth ride still not getting me on it. I have always had trouble picking up PF here was not clear. I used to hear Gatlinburg good but guess because they are higher up.I will take my scanner up there and see if it works ok then, I don't carry the pro 106 with me much just the gre300 but that won't work with them.If it still won't work up there will get you to clone it and see.

ghostpirate

do i need a digital scanner?

Nothing has changed.

Hey Danny and everyone else who is reading this i printed off the database page for sevier county and was wondering if I need a digital scanner for picking up police fire and ems for sevier, pigeon forge and gatlinburg. could you let me know what i need and was also wondering if the ambulance and fire use 10 codes like the police; if you know what ems and fire use could you print them or give me a link to where I can find this info? I am using an analog 100 channel BearCat 72XLT

Last edited:

n4yek

You can monitor Pigeon Forge police on P25 digital capable scanners. 99% of the volunteer fire departments are on the Land Air LTR trunk system. Sevier county sheriff, Sevierville Police, and Gatlinburg police are NXDN and can't be monitored by a scanner unless you have a discriminator tap and a program called DSD on your computer. Even then monitoring them is marginal at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.