Sevier County Countywide Police Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
460.500, the countywide police channel. Today I heard 100 and 300, definitely bases. Anyone know who they are?

I also heard an unknown unit (didn't catch it) run a license plate.

Plus I heard someone say they were in route to somewhere, Blount Memorial maybe, and ask the base to find out where they were suppose to go.

All of this was on the analog repeater.

If you know who 100 or 300 is please let me know. If you have a list of unit numbers I would appreciate a copy! Thanks...

Mike

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
No. They are building an P25 system , that will have ISSI capabilities to link to TACN for interop, but still use the NexEDGE stuff for primary comms all fully encrypted currently. They do also have a couple of analog interop freqs, but not used nearly as much as the NXDN.

Bummer

No. They are building an P25 system , that will have ISSI capabilities to link to TACN for interop, but still use the NexEDGE stuff for primary comms all fully encrypted currently. They do also have a couple of analog interop freqs, but not used nearly as much as the NXDN.

*sigh* bummer. Thanks for clearing that up MILF. :)

n4yek

If you know who 100 or 300 is please let me know. If you have a list of unit numbers I would appreciate a copy! Thanks...

Mike

Here is a start: (made this list 4 years ago so may have changed slightly)
100's Sheriff
150's Seymour Fire
200's Reserve Deputies and Constables
300's Sevierville police
400's Rescue Squad
500's Gatlinburg Police
700's Pigeon Forge Police
900's Pittman Center Police & Waldens Creek Fire
1500's Sevierville Fire
1600's Sevier County Fire

Last edited:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
No. They could do an ISSI pathway link for interop if needed but its a separate system. They may link it to the new Sevier County TRS once its built and all, but probably not.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
No. They could do an ISSI pathway link for interop if needed but its a separate system. They may link it to the new Sevier County TRS once its built and all, but probably not.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Here is a start: (made this list 4 years ago so may have changed slightly)
100's Sheriff
150's Seymour Fire
200's Reserve Deputies and Constables
300's Sevierville police
400's Rescue Squad
500's Gatlinburg Police
700's Pigeon Forge Police
900's Pittman Center Police & Waldens Creek Fire
1500's Sevierville Fire
1600's Sevier County Fire

Thanks so much Danny. Some of it certainly makes sense (100, 300 and I heard 500 the other day). Any clue who "Central" is? I heard Central on Friday.

Mike

Last edited:

andyb970

Being a retied Fire/EMS worked at Gatlinburg FD. Each fire department has a number that the state fire commission assigned them for training and identification. Those number are used also on the individual unit numbers and truck numbers so that dispatch can tell who the truck is and where it is from. There was a lot of confusion for central dispatch when it first came on line in 2002. Where every department in county had a Engine 1 , Engine 2ect. Changing the units numbers around made it easy to know where the truck was from and for accountability on big incidents. The unit numbers used by each department when I worked was these
1-Sevierville FD
2 Pigeon Forge FD
3 Gatlinburg FD
4 Sevier Co Rescue Squad
5 Seymour FD also Seymour uses 1 for personal unit numbers like 110, 112 Etc.. If you are an officer you put a 5 in front of you number 5110, 5112 then. They do the same thing on the units like Engine 5 but if an officer is on it then it is Engine 55 kind of confusing remember Seymour can be dispatch by Blunt Co and Knox County also.
6 Sevier County Ambulance Service for Individual ID numbers but not on the Medic units.
7 Walden's Creek VFD
8 Wears Valley VFD
9 English Mountain VFD
10 Sevier County VFD
11 Cations Chapple Richardson's Cove VFD
12 Pittman Center VFD
Law Enforcement was
100 Sherriff Office Dispatch Deputies using 101-199
300 Sevierville PD Dispatch Officers using 301-399
500 Gatlinburg PD Officers using 501-599
700 Pigeon Forge PD officers 701-799
200 units Pittman Center PD and Constables but are dispatched buy 100. I hope this helped clear it up some for you. It just sucks that they have encrypted everything in the county.

n4yek

Thanks so much Danny. Some of it certainly makes sense (100, 300 and I heard 500 the other day). Any clue who "Central" is? I heard Central on Friday.

Mike
Central is a basically an interagency dispatcher. For example they would call 100 and tell the sheriff dispatcher that an Ambulance was being sent to an particular address then the Sheriff dispatcher would dispatch a deputy to that address for any assistance.

Basically keeps all departments notified of the others that might affect their areas of operation.

w2xab

If anyone in Sevier County needs Minitor V, APX, or Mototrbo radios I can program them.

I will NOT program radios to transmit on frequencies you are not authorized to use, but I can program them to listen only.

Status
Not open for further replies.