Sevier County FCC request for change

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Danny, that is an change to iDAS which is the business digital trunking solution from iCOM. It is basically taking the NexEDGE format, with a few changes, and adding it to LTR formats... It can be applied to both LTR standard, and Passport if I understand correctly. iDAS allows users to either use the normal analog mode on the LTR system, or go digital. So yes we now have digital LTR. This would be a real nightmare on an LTR Passport system.. First with all the 2 second data bursting, then add iDAS digital?? UGG!

n4yek

MILF,
I know the county volunteer fire departments will stay analog, there is no money for them to upgrade.
Currently the Sheriff is the only agency switching over to the digital trunk format, Sevierville is waiting to see how it works for them before they try to switch over to digital.

As for the data burst, there isn't any on this system. They have that disabled I believe because you don't hear it.
Thanks for you input on the system, I am not real good with the FCC desigantors on emissions.
Danny

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Ooops NM, thought this was the switch upcoming for the LTR system.. which would be iDAS/LTR... NexEDGE, and iDAS are similar in they are both NXDN based, but iDAS is the only one currently designed to be applied onto LTR formats as far as I know. Either way its all an nightmare waiting to happen. One day something VERY bad will happen to an area that is an island to itself using formats like this and be compounded by the fact no one can talk to outsiders there to help without jumping through hoops. Lives will be lost. Then maybe brains will prevail for the "next" radio system Oh well.

radiofan1

Ooops NM, thought this was the switch upcoming for the LTR system.. which would be iDAS/LTR... NexEDGE, and iDAS are similar in they are both NXDN based, but iDAS is the only one currently designed to be applied onto LTR formats as far as I know. Either way its all an nightmare waiting to happen. One day something VERY bad will happen to an area that is an island to itself using formats like this and be compounded by the fact no one can talk to outsiders there to help without jumping through hoops. Lives will be lost. Then maybe brains will prevail for the "next" radio system Oh well.

You could come up with your own soap opera...call it "As the sky is falling"?

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.