Sevier County

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4yek

769.80625 is the CC for the Pigeon Forge P25 system. The Police use this system, the Fire Deparment are Nexedge and are not on this system.

The 996T should be set for P25 as a system setting and should auto-track the voice channels. You should only have to enter the Control Channel for this system.

I have no knowledge of 106 scanners so I can't give you any advice on it, sorry. The ID of 2977 is the Police.

Danny

jfhtm350

How well can you pick up the system Danny from your house? It dont pick up here at the house near cherokee dam. Id say ill just have to fool with it some when i get over closer to sevier county and check my programming.

What about 770.33125? Have you ever seen it trunk over to that channel?

n4yek

How well can you pick up the system Danny from your house? It dont pick up here at the house near cherokee dam. Id say ill just have to fool with it some when i get over closer to sevier county and check my programming.

You can't pick up the Pigeon Forge system very far outside of the city limits, it has a range of maybe 8 miles max, greater in some elevated spots.
Monitoring them from Gatlinburg isn't going to happen very much except on mountain tops.
What about 770.33125? Have you ever seen it trunk over to that channel?
yes, it uses it as a voice channel

Last edited:

jfhtm350

Well I didnt go all the way into pigeon forge so maybe thats why I didnt pick it up. I went about as far as that hotel/resort with the big indoor waterslide before you get to chapman hwy and dolly parton pkwy. It must be pretty weak not to make it any further than that. Well maybe I'll check it out again when I get up that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.