SF Rebanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben96cal

Has there been any word when SF will reband their Trunk system? Seems like everyone else has done it already and SF is lagging behind...

sffire

Premium Subscriber
The outside contractor could or would not tell me the new frequencies. He told me to ask the Radio Shop.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
It sounds like maybe they updated the tables in your radios - which convert the channel numbers assigned by the system control channel into usable radio frequencies in your radio - to the rebanded band plan. When everyone's radios contain these updated tables, they can "throw the switch" and switch the system over to the new frequencies. If you can't get the new frequencies from the radio shop, just program your scanner to the 800 MHz rebanded bandplan when the system finally changes over and you'll be able to read them directly off the screen.

Or someone will run Unitrunker and submit them to the DB for the rest of us. :)

sffire

Premium Subscriber
inigo88,
Yes, the tech did say that the radio will be ready, when they switchover, the radios will be on the new rebanded frequencies.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Wow that's great! I didn't realize it was so simple. It's just the number of user radios to get through that makes it hard. :)

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
There are no rebanded FCC licenses either (yet). I just sifted through all the San Francisco, City of licenses looking for the SF FD talk around channels (C14/TA 1, C15/TA 2 and C16/PS TA 1). Anyone happen to know the frequencies for those?

Ben96cal

What would be the reasoning for rebanding an old system when they are building a new one? Can't they get a waiver from the FCC and just wait to go to the 700 system?

kma371

QRT
What would be the reasoning for rebanding an old system when they are building a new one? Can't they get a waiver from the FCC and just wait to go to the 700 system?

Probably the new system won't be done by the time the narrowband mandate is

garys

Premium Subscriber
Probably the new system won't be done by the time the narrowband mandate is

I don't believe there is a narrow band mandate for 800, it's for VHF high and UHF only. Rebanding of 800 Mhz trunk systems refers to the deal made with Nextel (now Sprint) to swap frequencies to deal with Nextel repeaters causing interference with 800 Mhz public safety systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.