SF Rebanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgescan

Did they switch something again or did my 785d finally krap its trunker? I am getting nothing all of a sudden as of today.

EDIT it all came back now cancel-the whole system was deaf here this AM for a good 20 minutes-wonder why.

Ameriscan

Premium Subscriber
Did they switch something again or did my 785d finally krap its trunker? I am getting nothing all of a sudden as of today.

EDIT it all came back now cancel-the whole system was deaf here this AM for a good 20 minutes-wonder why.

Ive posted a few times about the same thing, yesterday, some time early afternoon, i heard SFFD say, " ok, we can go back to our normal radios again, the system is now up and running" my question is.. if they are not on the normal system.. then what one are they on?

ridgescan

that's what I thought too lol-they must be switching to the 700mHz band? I searched the old haunts like 460megs and even 45megs but they were not there. I also did the 800 band in regular search mode and they still weren't there. Strange!

rooivalk

Probably the "fail safe" testing that they were doing. A message was broadcast about it over the last few days. And I think the system stops trunking and users use one frequency per channel?

officer_415

Database Admin
Probably the "fail safe" testing that they were doing. A message was broadcast about it over the last few days. And I think the system stops trunking and users use one frequency per channel?

Sounds like you mean failsoft. And yes, each frequency operates in a conventional repeater mode and each subscriber radio will switch to one of those channels (pre-programmed based on the agency).

ridgescan

Sounds like you mean failsoft. And yes, each frequency operates in a conventional repeater mode and each subscriber radio will switch to one of those channels (pre-programmed based on the agency).
any idea what band this happens in? Because it sure didn't occur in the 800 band they usually operate in.

officer_415

Database Admin
any idea what band this happens in? Because it sure didn't occur in the 800 band they usually operate in.

Failsoft uses the same trunking frequencies, but in a conventional repeater mode. In the event of a system failure, dispatches will be on CAFIRE1 (853.9875) and responses will be on CAFIRE2 (851.9125). I don't think there's any situation where SFFD would leave 800 MHz, except for a failure of those channels.

ridgescan

Failsoft uses the same trunking frequencies, but in a conventional repeater mode. In the event of a system failure, dispatches will be on CAFIRE1 (853.9875) and responses will be on CAFIRE2 (851.9125). I don't think there's any situation where SFFD would leave 800 MHz, except for a failure of those channels.
hmm.. well thanks for the reply and info:)

akarydas

BCD 396T SFPD rebanding

Can anyone help me to reprogram SFPD rebanded system? Do I just need to add the new control channels?
It was so long ago that i programmed the system into my 396T and it no longer picks up SFPD.

akarydas

BCD 396T SFPD rebanding

added cc and don't hear anything. do i need to do anything else?

officer_415

Database Admin
This question has already been answered several times earlier in the thread:

you need to enter the custom band plan available here: EditBandPlan < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

For the BCD396T: Menu > Program System > (select SF) > Edit Sys Option > Edit Band Plan

Note that the BCD396T will only have the Edit Band Plan option if you have firmware 3.00.00 or later.

rooivalk

This question has already been answered several times earlier in the thread:

So...On my 396T, I re-entered the NEW CC's. It won't pick up anything in ID SCAN, but will pick-up talk groups scanning as ID SEARCH...Interesting...I'll try the custom bandplan, but my 396T doesn't have the Edit band Plan option, and I have firmware 3.02.02...

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
So...On my 396T, I re-entered the NEW CC's. It won't pick up anything in ID SCAN, but will pick-up talk groups scanning as ID SEARCH...Interesting...I'll try the custom bandplan, but my 396T doesn't have the Edit band Plan option, and I have firmware 3.02.02...

Do you have and talk groups stored in the memory?

ridgescan

I still have the old frequencies in there LOL when this happened I just piled in all the new ones behind the old ones and it still works fine.

mrob907

Fail soft

Once in a while you'll hear that. A test is done every so often of the "Fail soft" mode of operation on the smartzone. When this happens it simulates the absence of the control channel, or controller. The system goes into conventional mode. They test it once in a while but I can't remember how often. usually lasts anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.