SFFD / SFPD vhf / uhf simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

joen7xxx

Does SFFD simulcast alarms on vhf or uhf? Also does SFPD simulcast "all calls" like they used to on 155.55 (the old tactical squad or CP frequency)? I'll be back in the city and will only have my dual band mobile amateur rig, and would like to listen in while in the city.

Thanks

Joe

subi1992

They might be on low band still? I don't know for sure, I know SFPD still uses their low band back-up system (these new 2011 vehicles are still being outfitted with the long CHP style antennas) although I'm not sure if thats exclusively used as a backup system or its simulcasted.

sffire

Premium Subscriber
SFFD no longer uses VHF or UHF. SFPD only has VHF-low band as the backup system. Both SFFD and SFPD are now on a 800 MHz trunked system.

joen7xxx

Yeah, I knew they went to a Motorola Type II system many years ago. I was hoping though that they still simulcasted something on a conventional frequency. Thanks anyway. I listened to KMA438 and KMA526 before the invention of the scanner in the early 1960's.

Joe

subi1992

Is that VHF low band system simulcasted or is it off when not used? Just out of curiosity

rooivalk

Is that VHF low band system simulcasted or is it off when not used? Just out of curiosity

It works, but not for dispatch, unless the trunked system fails, and nothing is simulcasted on it. Some stations will use it for car-to-car comms.

Status
Not open for further replies.