SFO warning of interference to 8933khz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boombox

I'm not fluent in Spanish but the announcement starts out by saying "your attention please", and says "esto es radio morio (???)" ("this is radio ..... "), mentions what communications the frequency is for (can't understand the words well enough) and asks them to change to another frequency -- "por favor, cambiar frequencia...." -- and ends by saying "esto fue radio norea" ("this was radio ......." or something like that).

Doesn't sound like he's saying New York, but I realise it's a NY ARINC frequency....

The combination of atmospherics on the recording and my limited Spanish keeps me from understanding more of what was said.

SCPD

QRT
Doesn't sound like he's saying New York, but I realise it's a NY ARINC frequency....

No, it's a LDOC frequency. It's a global MWARA frequency. East coast aircraft tend to use it more for selcall or radio checks. On the West coast, it's really only used for mechanical or medlink issues.

samson512

I got pretty much the same translation as boombox, but to my ears he clearly says" esto es / fue radio Nueva York" This is / was radio New York.

aponce16

Premium Subscriber
Hey, I a was born in Puerto Rico so I speak perfect Spanish.

Okay, according to the message it seems to be an automated warning message from airport mobile operations in New York. It never specifies which airport.

If you really need it could translate word by word the whole thing so let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aponce16

Premium Subscriber
Hey, I decided to do the whole translation anyway so this is it.

"Your attention Please, this is Radio New York"
"This frequency is assigned only for the use of mobile civilian aviation"
"You are in violation of the international rights causing interference to flight security"
"Please change to other frequency were you are authorized"
"This is Radio New York"

Then the whole thing repeats one more time.

I hope this is useful to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.