Shack coming together at the new house

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3fnd

A few quick pics of the shack at the new house, radio bench, work bench and antennas. Radios are Yaesu FT-897, Kenwood ts-830 ts-430, Galaxy 959, Uniden Washington. On the work bench is a Kenwood trio JR-200 and Corbra 2000 GTL. Antennas two Antrons and a long wire in the pic and on the house theres a 2m/440 crushcraft vertical, next to the house theres an old G5rv jr.

Attachments

• rr1.jpg
    rr1.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 2,778
  • rr2.jpg
    rr2.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 2,586
  • rr3.jpg
    rr3.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 2,575
  • rr4.jpg
    rr4.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 2,632
  • rr5.jpg
    rr5.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 2,552

ve3fnd

Looks like I forgot about my old kenwood ts-700s that's now stuck under the bench it was my first real ham radio that I was on air with so it may not get used but it's not going anywhere.

ve3fnd

Microphone and Cobra 2000 projects

Attachments

• rr11.jpg
    rr11.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 2,095
  • rr10.jpg
    rr10.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 2,107
  • rr9.jpg
    rr9.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 2,188
  • rr6.jpg
    rr6.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 2,047

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Ah, the basement hide-away. Gotta love it. I could go down there and be lost for hours. All it needs is to cover the ugly wall behind the TS-830 with some girlie posters and you're all set!

Fun fun fun...

ridgescan

Neat bunch of toys-looking forward to the finished shack (are they ever really finished?) Lots of desk mics-d-104s? and a Turner? Do you get any RFI from those utility lines up there? They seem to be pretty low on the poles there.
Nice collection of CBs too:)

ve3fnd

The RFI isn't to bad i get some intermittent noise on 80m but im not on that band to much and no they are never done lmao just more done then before the plans are to build a room on the other side of the basement for the shack and when its done move the radios in there. Maby before that i have a 50 foot tower sitting in my back yard that needs to go up in the spring. Ill post a pic of all my microphones the ones there are the ones i use, much more in the collection. Also i built a ground plane kit for my Antron ill post pics of that too still needs paint.

SpectreOZ

I'm not sure if that radio bench area is 2 locations or the genesis of one section of your basement but it might be beneficial to find a way to separate your "work" and "play" areas with a possible shelving system for your radio segment to maximise surface area to organise those lovely transceivers (easier said than done as I'm still working towards it).

BTW that "announcer" microphone is quite attractive, thanks for posting :D

Last edited:

ve3fnd

Thank you for the posts and i like the black microphone too, it still needs to be hooked up. My goal is to build a bigger bench with a shelf on the other side of the basement and then when the new shack is done move it all over in one shot. Plans are to build a room in the corrner and even put sound proof insulation in the walls to keep out the noise of the furnace and shuch. I also plan to bulid a ventilation system to vent my 12 volt back up batterys to the out side. Its nice to have a blank canvas to build the shack i've always wanted. Towers going up when the nice weather comes and i cant wate for that its been below 0 degrees fahrenheit the last two weeks with lots of snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.